Spyware blaster just won't run

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by roadsendllamas, Jun 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roadsendllamas

roadsendllamas Registered Member

I'm sure this has been covered before, but have been trying to get Blaster 3.51 to run on windows vista business. It originally stopped running when upgraded from xp to vista. did a full un-install on blaster and have re-downloaded several times over the past couple of months and re-installed. the install seems to go just fine, I just keep getting that stupid program failure thing that vista has which is about as helpful as a sponge in the desert. have double checked all the security permissions and they are set to full allow. Have even tried to tell it to run compatible with xp sp2.
    Hardware is dell dimension e520.
    am I just stuck waiting for new versions.

2. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

What you may be experiencing is a conflict between the current version of SpywareBlaster and the DEP feature of Windows Vista.

This will be resolved in the next SpywareBlaster release (which is currently being worked on). In the meantime, there is a workaround you can try:

1.) Click on the Start Menu
    2.) Right-click on "My Computer" and choose "Properties"
    This should display the "System Properties" window.
    3.) Click on the "Advanced" tab.
    4.) Under "Performance", click on the "Settings" button.
    5.) Now click on the "Data Execution Prevention" tab.

If you find that DEP is enabled for all programs (which may be the default way Vista is configured, depending on hardware settings), you can add "spywareblaster.exe" to the exclusion list by clicking the "Add..." button and browsing to your SpywareBlaster installation directory (C:\Program Files\SpywareBlaster, by default). This should resolve the issue.

Best regards,

-Javacool

4. theforceinc

theforceinc Registered Member

How about with windows xp sp2? there maybe is a trojan that doing this.

5. roadsendllamas

roadsendllamas Registered Member

Well followed the bouncing ball and VIOLA it worked! THANK YOU. must be why its called javaCOOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.