Where's the support?

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by WWS, Jun 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WWS

WWS Registered Member

Checking on updating FDISR v1.10.173 on the “Help” drop down list it says as of 3-30-07 FDISR Pro v3.20.202 is available.
    Now who’s going to support it?

Leapfrog’s “sticky” of May 8th says….”Raxco will continue to provide their usual outstanding support service to all FDISR customers and will provide periodic updates for those customers who purchased maintenance contracts. We are totally behind that effort.”

Well, Leapfrog doesn’t offer any support to end users…just this forum.
    I sent to Raxco support 10 days ago (8 business days) and no answer yet. That’s the same as no support. https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=175842

And I still have over a year on the maintenance contract with Raxco.
    So I re-imaged with ATI to get back to an enabled 1.10.173
    I’m reluctant to try the update again without support.
    Where’s the support?

2. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

3. Chris12923

Chris12923 Registered Member

This is what I have said to myself for a long time but seems Peter2150 has had good luck with their support. Not sure why he has such good support and we don't :( Just one of the many reasons I stick with Rollback. Hopefully the softwarepursuits.com support will be better for you.

Thanks,

Chris

4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Over the years Raxco support has been excellent for most folks. Their decision to stop selling FDISR, was timed with a new product release which I suspect is tying up their people. Also they are also without the person who probably was one of the more FDISR knowledgeable.

That said they sure don't seem to be making good on the promise made to Leapfrog. Not a good sign for sure. Also of concern, up to now, they have put new FDISR releases thru the ringer. I am not getting a real warm fuzzy that will continue.

Time will tell.

Pete

5. Chris12923

Well lets hope that softwarepursuits or whoever else takes it on will keep good support and strong product testing going. It's always better with competition out there.

Thanks,

Chris

6. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

Hi Chris,
    All I can say is that I bought FDISR from SoftwarePursuit over a year ago and I have only good words about their support.:)

7. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

Same !!

8. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I can't find a trace of FirstDefense-ISR on Raxco's website anymore, it's all about PerfectDisk and its several versions. IMO they don't support FDISR at all anymore.
    Will the support of Bootback also support FDISR-users o_O Beats me.

9. Chris12923

Not really accessable from their main page but http://www.raxco.com/support/windows/supportwizard.cfm?product=fdisr&ProductVersion=fd&step=2

Glad to hear it. Like I said I'd hate to see a good software just disappear.

Thanks,

Chris

10. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

11. Chris12923

It doesn't sound like it from this post.
    But maybe try it and see what happens. I don't see why they would quit supporting a product that fast but these days you never know.

Thanks,

Chris

12. flinchlock

flinchlock Registered Member

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1005926&postcount=25... I have been waiting for 25 27days. :mad:

And why the xxxx would I ever think of buying Raxco PerfectDisk or ANY thing else they sell? :thumbd:

As far as FD-ISR is concerned, the ONLY thing it has actually solved/helped me with is to save time... GHOST 2003 takes 30 minutes, FD-ISR takes 1-2 minutes.

I think Drive SnapShot 1.3 would of been a much better choice for ME than FD-ISR or Paragon Drive Backup.

See speed bench mark test Snapshot vs. PQDI vs. GHOST.

Mike

Last edited: Jun 10, 2007
  13. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

Echo all of the above :(

I sent e-mail to Raxco 2 weeks ago asking for 'official' statement re support and updates: no response to date :doubt:

While Todd of leapfrog has given a position from his pov, there appears little to back-up anything from Raxco.

The leapfrog home page still refers to "FDISR" as its 'leader' soft ??

I regard FDISR as a great tool and have been v.happy with support et al up until recent events.

While this is realistically a recent devt., how long before the dust settles and there is a clear position statement.

We have actually held up our end of whatever bargain we entered into here: tested, extended, described,advised, helped as possible and the tool has been a good one.

No doubt we extended the limits of Raxco's support; but that also may have helped development of FDISR.

The only reason I got PD was due to bundling with FDISR. !

I also know we are only a tiny speck on the net and as usual represent only a fraction of users with disproportionate demands on support so what: we paid.

Hopefully Leapfrog and Todd will be able to set-up new distributors with equal commitment as WAS Raxco but with a longer term view in mind. :cautious:

SO we sit and wait....:p

@finchlock: I like DriveSnapshot too but doesn't have the same functionality as FDISR, does it?, Ghost I gave up on but also different, for what I want. Ghost may recently be a bit better ??

Last edited: Jun 11, 2007
  14. WWS

WWS Registered Member

Finally:
    After 28 days I finally got a reply from Susie at Raxco support.
    So now I did OK in updating from .173 to .202.
    At the time, I should have chosen to overwrite files upon installing the newer version. By not overwriting, I wound up with a "trial" version.
    Well, an ATI reimage got me out of that mess at the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.