Error removing USB devices after cloning

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by madmike73, May 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Nope, it also happens with restores made with ATI11.

2. rwinegar

rwinegar Registered Member

When is this going to be fixed? I just "downgraded" from TI version 8 to version 11 and immediately created an image. I then restored the image as a test. Soon afterward I got the RUNDLL error when disconnecting a USB flash drive. I went looking for a new build and discovered that the newest build, the one creating all the problems, dates back to last November. Almost 8 months ago. During this entire period Acronis knew that version 11 had serious problems. In spite of this it continues to market this defective program and still has not fixed it.

I find Acronis' actions unconsciencable!

3. MrMorse

MrMorse Registered Member

I'm sorry about that I didn't read the whole thread :oops:

I went back to post #93 and I determined that nobody explain what for an OS is working.

The reason that I ask for this is that I have problems with disconnecting USB device after upgrading WinXP-prof to SP3.

But I think it doesn't help ;)

4. rwinegar

I think everyone has problems disconnecting USB devices. Axronis is aware of this. They keep taking our money, but they do not fix it.

Acronis TI used to be my favorite program. Over the years I have steered about 20 of my friends their way. Never again! I am very disappointed. Today I sent an urgent email to TI tech support. They never took the time to respond.

I am looking for a different cloning program. One that works and which the copmpany will stand behind.

5. MrMorse

Perhaps it is more difficult as you suppose?
    USB is not = USB. You have different controllers from and to USB devices. Why should Acronis be responsible for 'bad' controllers or drivers?

It is the question what you are able to pay.
    Expensive software, more entitlement for support.

6. rwinegar

Your response is insulting. You think all these posters have bad USB controllers? You think my USB controllers went bad right after TI version 11 was installed and ceased being bad when TI version 11 was uninstalled? How come my bad USB controllers are only affected by TI? You are so far off base that you aren't even in the ball field.

The program has a bug in it. It's had a bug since it was released.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2008
  7. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

The bug is explained very nicely in post #117.

8. MrMorse

@rwinegar
    You misunderstood.
    (I think I could'nt find the right words to explain exactly what I meant. I'm sorry)

9. rwinegar

I performed the steps described by Bitbasher in post 117. It did not work. The USB device disconnect error persisted.

This is not a fix.

Can't Acronis fix this? JEEZ!! It's been almost eight months. I used to love this program.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.