Acronis True Image Home v10 OEM free for Seagate & Maxtor owners

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by InfinityAz, May 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InfinityAz

InfinityAz Registered Member

Just a heads up that if you own a Seagate or Maxtor drive, you can download a free version of DiscWizard (Seagate) or MaxBlast (Maxtor). This is Acronis True Image Home v10 OEM version (you can clone drives or make images but can't backup individual files, etc.).

It does check for the presence of a Seagate or Maxtor drive. It worked fine for me with a Seagate USB drive.

Here's the link to the article (download links at the bottom):

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=39779

2. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    Already have both ATI 9 and 10...
    And I have a WD external HD... Well...
    Mrk

3. besafe

besafe Registered Member

My PC is a Compaq Presario. How do you know if you have a seagate drive or not?

4. prius04

prius04 Registered Member

Go into Windows Explorer, right-click on your C: drive, and select "Properties" from the dropdown. Click the "Hardware" tab at the top of the next box and you should see ALL of your drives.

Maxtor should be spelled out in its entirety, Seagate should start with "ST", and Western Digital should start with "WD" (at least that's the way they read on my machines).

Don't forget that there are versions for Seagate *and* Maxtor drives. ;)

5. jp10558

jp10558 Registered Member

Let's just say, this is another great reason to purchase Seagate drives. Even better is in my quick testing at work, this will read images created with ATIW9.1 also!

It seems to do most basic imaging tasks - mount images etc. But doesn't do file restores of course, and no scheduling options I could see - no SecureZone. I think this is great if you want reliable simple imaging.

But if you want other features, ATIW is well worth it, especially if you get Universal Restore so you can swap out the HAL on a restore!

6. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I have a Seagate External Harddisk of 160gb and Acronis True Image v9, but I'm still not satisfied, because I'm never satisfied.

7. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

I use Seagate and Maxtor drives exclusively but nothing Acronis. So guess i'm safe. :D

8. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

I purchased a Seagate internal hard drive yesterday.
    Downloaded DiskWizard tonight and noticed that it was an OEM TI.
    Did not see mention of version.

I wonder if it will also work on Quantum drives, a now defunct brand owned by Seagate?

Anyway, I also have an internal Western Digital drive, so I would not be able to back up all drives.

A problem with OEM software is getting bug fixes.
    Another is that some features are usualy missing or watered down. Do not know if this is so here.

9. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

As long as you have at least 1 seagate drive you can backup any other drives you have as well. This version is slightly watered down in its backup options, however for a basic imaging/cloning freebie there ain't anything better imo.

10. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

You should give it a try. On one of our PC's we have got an old WesternDigital drive and a new Seagate. I can still use Maxblast to perform backup's of the Seagate Drive to WD drive. From time to time I backup this backup on an external Maxtor drive. I also tried the recovery, worked fine from both drives.

11. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I installed the Disk Wizard on my Seagate, and it is fine for my needs. I read somewhere it is TI ver.10, and the restriction is that it will only do a full image but not single files. You can also do a download for Maxtor hard drives which has a different name.

12. Karen76

Karen76 Registered Member

Another restriction compared to the full version of ATI v10 is that there's no feature to schedule automatic backup images. If you only use a Seagate external drive (as I do), that drive has to be connected to the PC not just when DiscWizard is installed but whenever you use the program.

Despite these restrictions, DiscWizard has performed flawlessly on my new Vista PC which is more than I can say about some programs, even expensive ones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.