Weird messages from windows security center

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by tosbsas, Apr 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tosbsas

tosbsas Registered Member

Hey there

I am on a german xpsp2 home with intel video card and today - after weeks of no trouble - windows security center started to tell me that ess was disabled - although it showed enabled. After 3 or 4 restarts everything is fine again - but ....

Wierd thing though - I thought I could help both apps work again togehter by disbaling and enabling antivirus protection - but - disable of antivirus will not work. I can unmark th eoption in advanced setup, but it will not save that setting - is that a beta limitation or a bug?

Ruben

2. Adam Kachwalla

Adam Kachwalla Registered Member

Did you try disabling it from the setup, restarting the computer, then re-enabling it from the setup? Sometimes that works.

3. tosbsas

ah, ok, no I didn't concouisly - I just saw it didn't hold the settings changes -a actually it was running again when I restarted

Ruben

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

If you are sure your ESS is really working (can be tested with Eicar test file) , ESS is updated and your computer settings are correct (especially system time/date) , then perform this to fix the problem
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=893101&postcount=7

5. tosbsas

its working :)-)) and up to date, the main question remains -why can't I disable it??

Ruben

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.