Automatic Restore at Restart

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Allixria, Apr 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Allixria

Allixria Registered Member

I will try to make it simple.

What I want to do :

Automatically restore a backup at each time I reboot my system.

Limitation : This must be done automatically, as no humans are there to press the F11 key.. :ouch:

Can someone give me a nice procedure I could do/run .. :doubt:

I am thinking at a commandline to run in the "autoexec.bat", but ofc, after the "restore" we shouldn't reboot the system, as the whole restore procedure will restart ..

How the hell I can do that ? o_O

Thanks in advance... :thumb:

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Allixria,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please have a look at this previous post that should answer your question about automatic restore process.

Currently, we could offer you the following solution. You can use Acronis One-Click restore feature of Acronis True Image. The Acronis One-Click Restore is a minimal addition to your rescue media, allowing one-click data recovery from an image archive, stored on this media (CD or DVD discs). This operation always restores the entire physical disk. Therefore, if your disk consists of several partitions, all of them must be included in the image. Any partitions that are missing from the image will be lost.

Please take a look at this previous thread describing some Acronis One-Click Restore peculiarities. Also you can find more information about Acronis One-Click Restore in the Chapter 5.3.8 "Media components" in the Acronis True Image 10.0 Home User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

3. Allixria

Allixria Registered Member

Thanks alot for your fast response :)

But .. really I must tell I am dissapointed to not already be able to have that, like one of a product we all know but takes ages to restore.

I really do hope to be able to see that solution implemented pretty soon as for now I will need to use another physical way to achieve it by integrating a physical recovery card in the server and that doesn't pleases me.

And congratzz for your product .. It is always a nice joy to see it running and restoring so fastly our system :D .. I don't even have the time to get my coffee and come back that the system is already restored :D Thanks for that.

Ally

4. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

You are trying to use the wrong product. Check out the products from this company: www.faronics.com
    They are designed to do exactly what you want.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.