TIv10 d/l Ques

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by LaFemmeMichele, Apr 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LaFemmeMichele

LaFemmeMichele Registered Member

Acronis,

I d/l TIv10 from Acronis Online Store via Digital River. When I right clicked on TI exe on the desktop this appears. I removed the download manager from my PC & re d/l. it still occurs. What does it mean? I asked Digital River & they've no idea. Running WinXP pro. I'm uncomfortable installing this application without an understanding of this message!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 15, 2007
  2. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

You might try:
    Register your serial with Acronis.
    Then download the latest update from Acronis update.

3. LaFemmeMichele

Grover,

Thank you for your suggestion. Good idea, but it didn't fly! I registered, d/l the update & when right clicked the "confirm" reappears just as it had done earlier! I checked the MD5 hash BTW.

Acronis,

Please respond!

4. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Didn't you have another topic with exactly this question? Try emptying your Temp, Cookies, and Temporary Internet Files folders.
    Is your OS Win2k, XP or Vista?
    Instead of r-clicking on the .exe file, just double click it to install.

5. GroverH

If you're unsure of the file. Another possibility would be to download the update from another computer. All you need is your login access to your own profile. You could then burn the update to a CD or flashstick for transfer to your own computer.

6. LaFemmeMichele

Grover,

I want to understand the "confirm" message. It may be indicative of limited parameters in which TI is able to perform on my setup.

I'd like to hear from Acronis!

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello LaFemmeMichele,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that this message may indicate that the downloaded file is corrupted. Therefore, could you please confirm that the MD5 value of the installation file of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home (build 4942, English version) is [ 64ef3274e803a85042671f109376ee8c ].

Please also try to delete the content of C:\Windows\Temp\ folder and see if the issue persists.

If you have any AntiVirus software installed, please try to disable it temporary.

Should none of the above solve the issue, please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

8. GroverH

Did you resolve your problem with the download file?

9. LaFemmeMichele

Hi Grover,

No! Thank you for the inquiry. :)

Hello Aleksander,

The MD5 match every attempt. I cannot d/l without the "confirm" message.

3 files are in the Temp folder: inf1clrg.tmp, Perfilib_Perfdata_2f4.dat, & WGAErrLog.txt. Aren't these files that should be protected (& MS spyware), rather than deleted?

Regarding turning off the antivirus--the d/l took over five minutes! I don't feel this is a viable solution. I would think I'd have found other posts re this if it were caused by NOD.

I was thinking perhaps Acronis could burn the build to a disc for me, but I've begun to question whether it too would prove to demonstrate as corrupt on my PC. I may need to look at alternative applications.

Thoughts?

Michele

10. prius04

prius04 Registered Member

Well, here's one thought; get an immediate refund on the downloaded version and order the boxed product. Should you experience the same (or other) issues when installing from the CD, at least you'll be able to rule out any download SNAFUs.

11. LaFemmeMichele

Prius,

You don't get any money back. You give them $12.99 additional. Here is the snafu, you can't buy 4942 on disc! :(

12. prius04

prius04 Registered Member

Okay but, according to the Acronis web site, their online store offers a 30-day money back guarantee. Thus, I was thinking you could get a refund for the downloaded version and then order the boxed product (or buy it from a B&M store).

You would then have a CD for the installation. Hopefully, you won't have an issue with installing the previous build on the CD. It's true that you'd still have to download the latest build but at least you wouldn't have to go through Digital River to download the full program (which *could* be the problem).

13. GroverH

If the MD5 match the below, then the file should be ok. What program is giving you this error message displayed in your first posting?
    Rather than right click and choose confirm, start the confirm program from the start menu and see what other options you might have. You might gain additional info by checking the Events log.

TrueImage10.0.4942_s_en.exe 107,505,240 bytes
    MD5=[ 64ef3274e803a85042671f109376ee8c ].
    You can also check to make sure the file is digitally signed.

When you delete temp files, the temp files for the those programs currently running in the background will NOT be deleted. Programs such as Ccleaner will only removed the old temp files and not active ones.

ps: If you're using File Analyzer for your checksum, as best I know, the last version is 1.4
    http://www.safer-networking.org/files/filealyz.exe

14. LaFemmeMichele

Prius,

The updated build is the full program & is from the Acronis site.

Grover,

When I right click on True Image 10.0.4942_s_en.exe immediatly following the d/l the "confirm" message appears. I believe it to be a Windows error message.

Aleksandr verified it was indicative of being corrupted. I don't click on it except in the red "X" to close the message.

I right click on TI again to verifiy the d/l with the latest version of FileAlyzer. It matches every parameter!

Are you telling me I should delete these files in the Temp folder: inf1clrg.tmp, Perfilib_Perfdata_2f4.dat, & WGAErrLog.txt?

Michele

Last edited: Apr 19, 2007
  15. como

como Registered Member

Why are you right clicking the file? The normal way to install downloaded software is by a double click with the left mouse button.

16. LaFemmeMichele

Como,

Before I install an application I verify its MD5. Particularly one of this size! You don't?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2007
  17. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Exactly my thoughts ... as I asked above.

18. GroverH

If the file has the correct MD5, it should be ok. 'While the normal install begins with dbl clicking the downloaded file, I can understand why you are reluctant to install a file which is producing an error message.

I have no understanding of what this "confirm" is and why it is on the "right click context menu". Get the error message again and open the Wiindows Task Manager" (Ctrl-alt-del) under check the applications tab. Anything there to help explain what program is showing this error message?

Also open the Events viewer for Application errors(start/run)
    %SystemRoot%\system32\eventvwr.msc /s

Regarding temp file deletion: No. You could not delete these even if you wanted to. You would have to close the programs which are utilizing these files before you would be successful. These temp files should not be an issue.

However, I would suggest you try closing as many programs as possible and then try right clicking the download file and see if the confirm error message still appears. Even boot into safe mode and repeat the right click confirm again. I do not believe your problem to be with the download file--not if all the specs match.

19. LaFemmeMichele

Hi Grover,

One thing I wanted to point out is the message comes up before the right click context menu. It must be closed & then you're able to get the menu.

I certainly appreciate your assistance. I expected Acronis Support to provide some follow up!

As long as that "confirm" message is present, I won't install.

I couldn't find anything in the Event Viewer. I have to d/l again to see if it occurs in Safe mode. I envision not only disabling, but uninstalling my applications one by one attempting to resolve this. It could be my hardware, couldn't it? I think it's interesting that I've only found one other reference to the message. Perhaps he & I are the sole right clickers!

Thanks again,

Michele

20. GroverH

You may have to ask Acronis for support as per their posting above.

1. I would NOT begin the un-install of any program.
    2. I would right click the system tray and close down all programs possible and then use a different browser and try the download from Acronis update again.
    If you have a flashdrive or external drive, you might try saving the download direct to one of those two devices--if you have a choice.
    3. Trying in SafeMode would be good but I'm not sure you will be successful but it is something certainly worth trying.
    4. Whether it is hdwe related, I am not sure.
    ..a. It might be worthwhile checking your disk drives for errors.
    ..b. Another check would be an overnight check of your memory. Several links have referenced program to do such a check.
    5. Hang in there. Hopefully, you can find a solution to this dilemma.

21. GroverH

Michele,
    Based on your responses with Ivsunz in
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=159042
    my guess is that you might as well proceed with download program--as long as it has the correct MD5 checksum.

Make sure you have a current full disk backup as per image below:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=182030

Un-install any previous version of True Image before installing the new. Make new Rescue CD after new installation.

Close down as many programs as possible from the system tray prior to the new install.

Good luck!

Last edited: Apr 22, 2007
  22. LaFemmeMichele

Hi Grover,

I'm leaning in this direction. I don't think the missing pieces will be filled in. I really want you to know I feel you're a true asset over here. :)

Michele

23. GroverH

Thanks for the kudos but our efforts were not successful with your issue. Most of the participating forum members are more than willing to try and help. Sometimes we succeed, but and other times.....

24. LaFemmeMichele

Grover & TI users,

It occurs to me that the most current release isn't always the preferable choice. I have a CD with v9 build 3677. After manually uninstalling a prior version 6 mos ago, I never installed/used 3677.

I'm wondering at this point, with the unsolved "confirm" business, if you recall 3677 & your opinion of it in relation to build 4942?

I know we are encouraged by a manufacturer to use the latest build. I'm interested in TI user's take on this?

Michele

25. dbknox

dbknox Registered Member

I am using version TI 9.0 build 3677 it works well for me, I could see no reason to update to the next build or version of True Image. I do remember reading that some forum users updated to the next issue ( can't even remember what it was now) and switching back to build 3677 so it seems the general consensus is "what ever works for you".
    Good luck in your endeavours LaFemmeMichele

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.