Feature suggestions

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by OMEGA_RAZER, Apr 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OMEGA_RAZER

OMEGA_RAZER Registered Member

Hello, I appologise if this this has been posted already but I couldn't find anything related.

First I would like it if the update on dial up of ESS worked like on 2.7. What I mean is that every hour ESS pops up saying that the download of update files failed whenever I'm not connected and it shows up as an error in the log as well. I'm not sure how difficult it would be but in 2.7 if I wasn't connected it wouldn't even attempt to update. I would like this to return as it has gotten a little annoying after a few days...

Second and I kind of doubt this being implimented at all but I personaly would find it quite useful. I would like it if durring the install or somehow in the install a exported zone rule could be added to the ESS firewall durring setup. I realize this could be an easy opening for malicious use which is the main reason I doubt it coming about but I think it may work with moderation. Possibly somehow checking the entries in the rules for known worms and virus ports. It's something to ponder though...

Thanks for the time and sorry for the long read.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.