Not happy

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by struppi66, Apr 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. struppi66

struppi66 Registered Member

Re: Acronis True Image - A Great Product!

Hi Folks!

First, I have to say i'm not one of the happy users, not at all!
    I bought the newest versions of Acronis Disk Director and True Image. The so called "Vista-prooved".
    Since 2 days i try to copy a system-Partition to another Harddrive with DD or try to restore an Image-File from a System-Partition to another HD with True Image.
    Not even one of these Tasks did work properly. Aside the Troubles that one have to fix the new Partition with the Vista-DVD bevor the System can boot, if i make a copy with DD then the copy of Vista is not avtivated anymore though the Source-Partition with Vista is activated. If i restore a Vista-Partition from an Image-File with TI, again i have to fix the Partition (MBR) with the Vista-DVD and after that, Vista boots up to the Welcome-Screen where i can choose a user. If i logon, the "Welcome"-Writing appears, changes to a Writing "Desktop will be prepared" or so and stops there for about 5 Min. After that a bright-blue screen appears, also for about 5 Min. and then a small Windows opens with the Title "run32.dll" and the Msg that the File is missing or i don't have the right Permissions for it. That's it, nothing works anymore.
    I really tried everything, the Boot-Cd, start with different OS... but still, it's not possible to create a bootable System-Partition from a Source Partition with these 2 Programms.
    I'm very disappointed. Before, under Win XP, i work with Partition Magic and Drive Image from Powerquest. And i wish back the times, where i can trust my software to rebuild a crashed System. Especially this kind of Software should be reliable, what else is the business otherwiseo_O

If somebody can help please write an answer!

Thanx

Struppi66

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

You should create a separate thread detailing your problem.

3. struppi66

@DwnNdrty

I made already sperate Threads here in this Forum. I wrote direct to the Acronis Support.
    But it seems i'm the only one who has this problems... even if this is hard to believe.

Thanx

Struppi66

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello struppi66,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please let us know your Acronis request number (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? We will find out the reason for the delay. If you have not received an autoreply then please send us a Private Message containing your e-mail address.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

5. MTX

MTX Registered Member

Why are you not using Acronis True Image to Backup and Restore the system-partition to another HD?

You don't need Disk Director.

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/8108/20070406183931yr2.jpg

6. MTX

MTX Registered Member

7. struppi66

@MTX

As you can read in my first thread: If i try to restore an Image with TI then i got the problem with the run32.dll!
    And a Clone does not work because i only want to restore/copy the C: Partition but on the HD are also 2 logical Partition.

Struppi66

8. mfabien

mfabien Registered Member

My experience is that doing a full image backup results in the ability to do a full image restore. No partition selection, no complications. The whole ball of wax and it takes no more time.

9. struppi66

Hi Folks

Finally, the restored C-Partition did start without the "run32.dll-Error".
    Don't ask me why, i just did the same like the 100'000 times i try to restore the system-partition before.
    BUT...
    now i have the same problem as if i make a copy of the Vista-C-Partition with DD 10. Vista ask me to activate again, even if the Origianal-Vista-Partition was activated!

I'm still waiting for a Reply from Acronis-Support?!

Meanwhile... does someone else has this Problem?

Thanx
    Struppi66

10. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello struppi66,

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please have a look at this thread <Vista...Activation req'd on restored images> that should answer your question about Vista activation.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.