AntiVir PP 6 Evaluation Link, legit for Americans?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by coldplay, Apr 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coldplay

coldplay Registered Member

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

It seems targeted to readers of PC Welt magazine, but it doesnt mention any particular conditions/rules. i think its ok to apply.

3. coldplay

lol, what the hell, I have already applied for it and using it now, nice offer, keys are good until 10/03/07.

4. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

It's ok
    I'm no German either and it worked for me as well.

5. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

It's OK but it will only be there till april 4, so hurry up.

Gerard

6. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

When downloaded and installed, is there an English option?
    Edited. I notice there is a very long license number and then an = ggu+ Is this some sort of user name or just part of the license number?

Thanks,
    Jerry

Last edited: Apr 3, 2007
  7. coldplay

the license will stay good until October and the name you put when you applied will appear on the main interface of Antivir

8. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Is there an English option during installation?
    Previously I had used the 6 month offer for F-Secure, and it had an English option.
    Regards,
    Jerry

9. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

the license will not have an effect on teh language. just download avira and use the license.

10. coldplay

Yeah, just download the English client then enjoy it

11. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

All went well, and it is doing well. I have been using the Workstation trial for about a week, and it has worked well also.
    Since I have had problems with both KAV 6, and F-Secure 2007 on this machine, I am hoping that AntiVir will do well. Earlier I found that Avast, F-Prot, and NOD also run well on this computer so I have some good choices.

Hey, that PC Welt magazine has some good offers.

Regards,
    Jerry

12. JohnnyBravo

JohnnyBravo Registered Member

O man
    I've applied>>got the licence key>>uninstall Avira free>>restart>>run the registry cleaner>>install the Avira premium>> update>>restart again>> and now I have that old problem with the system tray icon-there isn't any :mad: :(

13. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Hi Johnny,

That seems to be a recurring problem with all versions of AntiVir. I have had one instance since I installed the PC Welt offer. Although the guard was working, I was not sure until I checked. I did reboot and the icon shows in the tray now.

I cannot understand why this particular problem cannot be fixed. That problem, and the guard not turned on at start caused me to ditch AntiVir on my desktop. I am hoping it is not going to be a problem on this desktop, as I have high conficence in the AV.

Best,
    Jerry

14. coldplay

use the repair in installation

15. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

How do you do that? Is it in the control panel?

Thanks,
    Jerry

16. gerardwil

Just run the installer again and you will be asked for.

Gerard

17. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Thanks, gerardwil.

Best,
    Jerry

18. trjam

trjam Registered Member

this is avery known issue with Avira, and they are diligently working on correcting it. It doesnt effect security but it is just more of a aggravation for the user.

19. Riverrun

Riverrun Registered Member

Thanks Coldplay for posting the link. I've been using Avira personal for awhile now and I like it.

My key arrived a few hours ago; haven't tried installing yet as I can't open the document that came in the zipped folder. Adobe won't read it neither will Works. I haven't tried opening it with Office yet as I don't have that program installed on this computer. It's on another computer and I'll try opening it on that in awhile.

Maybe I don't need to open that document at all, there's a promising postscript at the bottom of the letter with what looks like a long key but I'll get to that in a minute.

If the worst comes to the worst, I'll cut and paste the email to Babelfish but I'm hoping that someone here will help me out first.

There's a long, long code at the bottom of the letter as I say, and I'm wondering if this is the key I need.

It goes:

BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----

Version: GnuPG v1.4.2 (GNU/Linux)

It's followed by two lines of code.

I'm wondering if this is the business, the vital information, though the GNU/Linux bit puts me off. Supposing it's not intended for Windows XP at all which is what I'm running.

I'm very excited about Avira Premium. The personal edition runs light as a feather on my system and I'm hoping that I can get this sorted tonight with a some assistance.

It will put the icing on a security system which I've developed over 5 months mainly through reading here in Wilders and importuning the odd bit of help since I've become a member.

Cheers all,

River

20. coldplay

the email they sent you contains 4 attchements and one of them is the key file which also in that .zip(.rar) file

21. gerardwil

You only need HBEDV.key.
    Save it to somewhere where you can find it back.
    Run the installer and you will be asked for this key. Point to it where you have saved this key.

Gerard

22. Riverrun

Riverrun Registered Member

Managed to open the HBEDV.key file with notepad. Boy, that is one long heck of a key.

Going to download the English version now. Wish me luck guys and thank you for responding, Gerard and Cold.

Thanks again, guys.

23. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

You do not need to open the key file, but just save it where you can find it when you "Browse" and install it. Anyway, whatever will work. Let us know how you do.

Regards,
    Jerry

24. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

eh?

you dont open the .key file in notepad, you just open it it the installation when it says "browse for key" > select the key > OK. etc etc

25. trjam

trjam Registered Member

thanks Chris.;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.