Email Notification doesn't work

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ematisopa, Mar 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ematisopa

ematisopa Registered Member

Hi !

I'm using Acronis True Image Windows Server 9.1 Build 3 694 on 4 different servers and never was able to use email notification, each test I did was unsuccesful. It doesn't work. Can somebody tell me what could be wrong and how to use it ?

Thanks with advance
    Pascal

2. rkruz

rkruz Registered Member

I use v10 and cannot get email to work either. I sent in a request for support. If I get anything Ill post it.

3. Steve1209

Steve1209 Registered Member

Hi ematisopa,

I know you can't use what I call Web based E-Mail services, like Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail. I use comcast & had to put my Email in this way <ME@comcast.net> notice the <> before & after the E-Mail address.

Hope that helps,
    Steve

4. lagger

lagger Registered Member

the < and > are key and in addition I found through searching this forum that at least for ATI 10 NOT entering a user name and password was the ticket for me to getting it to work

5. rkruz

rkruz Registered Member

some else said to put / before and after. I have tried <> and / and same no working result. This for whosit@cox.net. When doing the email test, it immediately responds with "cannot send test email" as if it doesnt even attempt to send.

6. ematisopa

ematisopa Registered Member

Thanks all

Using the <adress@isp.com> form and not entering a user name and password getted it to work.

I suggest Acronis to add it in the Help windows and in the user guide !

Pascal

7. AbboBasT

AbboBasT Registered Member

Yep, me too! Removed username and password - working a treat!

Didn't have to use the <> either.

8. rkruz

rkruz Registered Member

I did the <whosit@cox.com> with no user name and password and it worked!.......for one PC. But when I try it on another PC on my LAN........no joy.

9. rkruz

rkruz Registered Member

I got it to work finally. My problem was the virus detection program. A protection to prevent mass mailing worms from send email was invoked. I had to uncheck it an then the email started working of course, after I put the <> around the address.

10. lagger

lagger Registered Member

I found that on my remote lan I needed to use an smtpauth.earthlink.net server on port 587 (I used the default 25 at home) and use my email sign in and password to get it to send the mail successfully

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.