Threatsense Questions

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by JRCATES, Mar 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JRCATES

JRCATES Registered Member

Re: NOD sig updates more frequent lately?

Regarding this (being a relaible source of malware)....

Does a user HAVE TO have "NOD32 System Setup > ThreatSense.Net > Advanced Settings > Statistics > Enable submission of anonymous statistical information" tickmarked.....

or is just having "Enable ThreatSense.Net Early Warning System" tickmarked enough?

Also, what exactly does "enabling submission of anonymous statistical information" contain and/or pertain to?

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

In the Frequently Asked Questions - FAQs:

Threatsense - what information is sent? Answer and Answer

Cheers :D

3. JRCATES

Thanks for the reply, Blackspear :thumb:

But I'm not sure that answered exactly what I was looking for.

While it does explain the "submission of anonymous statistical information" and what all that entails.....I'm still not sure if it is actually necessary to have THAT particular option (Enable submission of anonymous statistical information) "tickmarked" in orer for ThreatSense to act as the "very reliable source of malware to keep (Eset's) people busy" as mrtwolman stated.....o_O

4. Blackspear

You are welcome. I only answered your 3rd question, as to number 1 and 2 you will have to wait for an ESET Moderator to answered these.

Cheers :D

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

One does not have to send Statistics and can choose to only send the file information relating to ThreatSense.Net.

As a side note however....if you disable ThreatSense it will also disable\un-check Statistics > Enable submission of anonymous statistical information for you.

Also....the Help section of Nod32 is very informative\laid out :thumb:

6. JRCATES

Thank you, Bubba :thumb:

So I guess that as long as ThreatSense.Net is enabled (NOT "Enable submission of anonymous statistical information"), Eset WILL receive the data/info that they need in order to combat and fight malware.....and that "enabling the submission of ANONYMOUS STATISTICAL INFORMATION" is not really needed for that purpose then.

Well that's certainly good to know.....because I had "Enable submission of anonymous statistical information" ticked before....but after back-to-back days where it was sent TWICE EACH DAY....I unchecked it. I guess I may give it a try again to see how it goes, and will probably leave it ticked as long as it submits data periodically, and not continually, repeatedly or very often - as though something is wrong, suspicious, or that raises a red flag.....:p

7. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Imagine that :D

from Nod32 Help:
    Just blame BS if anything goes wrong since he taught me all I know :D

8. Blackspear

:cautious: :mad: o_O :blink: :D

9. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Works for me. :D

10. Todd2052

Todd2052 Registered Member

Hello,

I don't think my copy of nod 32 (Version 2.7 for Vista 64) is sending the statistic reports properly. It seems to only send them in monthly and then I think it repetedly tries to make a connection to the nod servers.

My connection is satellite, so I am always connected. Is their a way to check how many times it has tried to make a connection when sending in this type or report?

Thanks,
    Todd

11. ASpace

ASpace Guest

@ Todd2052

Don't worry . I also see once or twice a month in my Logs that Statistical information was sent to Eset . It is normal .

There is no way for you to check how many times NOD32 has tried to sent statistical info

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.