BartPE build error

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Dean B, Mar 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dean B

Dean B Registered Member

Hi,

I have downloaded Mustangs TI10 Plugin and it appears to install correctly. Following the guide I get to 'Build' and get one error -

Error: SetupDecompressOrCopyFile() "C:\WinXP CD\I386\files\Common Files\Drivers\*.*" to "C:\pebuilder3110a\BartPE\Programs\TrueImageH10\Common Files\Drivers\files\Common Files\Drivers\*.*" 3: The system cannot find the path specified

It seems to be looking for a strange path. Should I create these folders myself and try again?

I do have an empty C:\pebuilder3110a\BartPE\Programs\TrueImageH10\Common Files\Drivers

I've attached the complete build log.

Any help appreciated.

-Dean

Attached Files:

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

You have space in the path C:\WinXP CD. Eliminate the space and rebuild.

3. Dean B

Dean B Registered Member

Thx for replying.

Changing the path to just WinXP unfortunately made no difference. Still the same path error.

-Dean

4. como

como Registered Member

I copied the I386 folder to a external drive, if I point the build window to external drive:\I386 I get a message that PEBuilder cannot find the folder, so i removed I386 from the path and PEBuilder worked, from this try pointing to C:\WinXP CD\ and PEBuilder should hopefully find the I386 folder

5. mustang

mustang Developer

You need to read the help file with the plugin and follow the directions.

6. Dean B

Dean B Registered Member

Paul,

I did read your help file and was careful to follow your directions, placing folders where required and running AutoHelp.cmd. Your closing window indicated the plugin had installed correctly.

-Dean

7. mustang

mustang Developer

Hi Dean,

I looked through the log you posted. My aplogies, it does look like you have properly configured the plugin. Do you have any files showing under the plugin at C:\pebuilder3110a\plugin\TrueImageHome10\Files\Common Files\Drivers? You should normally see 4 or 5 files there. If you don't have any files there, you will get that error. Look under C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Drivers. Do you see 4 or 5 files there? These files should have been copied to the plugin when you ran AutoHelp.cmd. It looks like something has gone wrong, but I don't know why without being able to see your system.

If you can't figure out what is wrong, edit the TrueImageH10.inf file in the plugin. Change the 1 at the end of the following line to a 4.

Code:
    files\Common Files\Drivers\*.*=f,,[B]4[/B]
    This will tell pebuilder not to complain if the files are missing. I don't think these files are needed for the plugin to work properly.

8. chip718

chip718 Registered Member

I had the exact same problem and cahngeing the 1 to a 4 did remove the Error. However, I stiill have a Warning that reads: Building from an OEM version of Windows can mean trouble...

9. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

That warning generally will not be a problem. It just means that you are building from an OEM cd some of which are highly customized like Dell. Dell CDs can cause problems during the build.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.