Backup Server not accessible as Archive Location

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by beznsarah, Feb 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beznsarah

beznsarah Registered Member

I can't get my backups to run to the archive location on the Acronis Backup Server! Any ideas would be appreciated. I have True Image Workstation 9.1 (build 3886) and setting up for use on my home network. I'm using the Backup Server to simplify

Here's what I've done so far:
    I have a workgroup called Office which all pc's are a part of.
    All pc's have File/Printer sharing turned on.
    All pc's can see each other and mapped drives.
    I've installed Acronis Backup Server onto pc1.
    I've setup the Acronis Backup Server via the console with a backup location of \\pc1\trueimage.
    I've shared this folder out to Everyone with full privs on pc1.

When I try to perform a backup I can see one backup location available to select at pc1: bsp://pc1/BackupServer

If I select it and click next, the software brings up a dialog saying Processing please wait.... It never gets past that, no error messages, nothing.

I can do a backup to a shared folder or some other location but not to the Backup Server option. Maybe the Backup Server does not work without a Domain, etc..??

Any ideas would be great.

2. beznsarah

Anyone have any suggestions on this?

I'm trying to come up with the best solution for automating the backup of my 2 home computers

3. jeden

jeden Registered Member

Yesterday I downloaded the trial version, and I'm experiencing the same problem: backup server doesn't work, it displays a popup message "Processing please wait" but nothing happens. I waited up to 30 minutes, tried several times, rebooted the pc, but the result is always the same: I have to manually terminate the process.

Using network shares it works...

It would be good to know why this happens, and hopefully to have a solution.
    I need to choose a backup application soon, and I like this one, but I can't choose it if not working properly.

Thanks
    Antonio

4. beznsarah

Glad to hear I'm not the only one. I thought I was losing my mind. Well just maybe this bug will fixed soon because the overall concept seems to be what I need as well.

5. diehardfan

diehardfan Registered Member

I am in the same boat as you :'( .
    At the bottom just says "Processing 0%" and thats it.

What is the advantage of backing up to BackupServer?? Can I just backup to my drive of liking?

Thank

6. beznsarah

It manages the backups for you automatically. Makes things easier. You can say give me x number of backups or allow a maximum X number of incrementals per backup, etc.

Yes you can backup to a drive, you don't have to use the backup server

7. jeden

jeden Registered Member

Have you tried backing up a different directory? I'm not sure if this is the problem, but I noticed that it appears to work if I backup a different directory...

Do you have SQL Server 2005, with db files under the directory you want to backup? Try disabling FullText Search and let me know if you notice any change.

Anyway, I'm experiencing several problems with this application - it often hangs, with no apparent reason. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't :S

Bye
    Antonio

8. jeden

jeden Registered Member

I've also noticed another nice behavior.

Every time the application seems not to work (usually this happens when you navigate to the next step of a wizard, but also when you try to edit an existing task), by restarting the Acronis Remote Agent the application asks you for username and password, and it proceeds.

I think the Acronis Remote Agent is responsible of this bug.

Let me know if you are able to complete a backup now.

Bye
    Antonio

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

10. jeden

jeden Registered Member

Does it mean that the PC hosting the backup server cannot be backed up?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.