v10 problems

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by marc.knuckle, Feb 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marc.knuckle

marc.knuckle Registered Member

i have posted on another thread about not being able to create s/zone in latest build of v10 but still no look and had reply from acronis with few suggestions but also no luck, any ideas?
    this thread was mainly created for another problem though, i just tried one of acronis' suggestions to boot into the bootable cd that the program came from but it wouldn't get past the page after the image screen, it came up with loads of letters and numbers and somewhere in the middle it said something had failed and wouldn't go any further.
    i am now worried that as well as not being able to create the s/zone, my dvd back up wouldn't work if i had to boot from the disk.

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Did you try the Safe Mode boot from the Recovery CD?

You are correct that if you can't boot from the Recovry CD, you won't be able to restore a backup if your hard drive fails.

What sort of system are your running TI 10 on, and confirm that you are using TI 10 Home, please.

3. marc.knuckle

dont know what a safe mode recovery is but if you mean boot from the program cd(as bootable) then yes i tried this. it is v10 home.
    my system is win xp home, core 2 duo e6600, asus p5b deluxe mobo, pioneer dvd 111d rw also tried in the lite-on dvd w drive, 1gb ram (2x 512 value brand of crucial, RENDITION) not overclocked or anything and 620w corsair psu. cheers for reply

4. mfabien

mfabien Registered Member

I understand your backup is located on DVD's. Is this an internal player or a USB CD/DVD player?

As for the Acronis Rescue CD, are you using the above to boot or do you have a separate CD-ROM?

5. marc.knuckle

it is an internal drive and i was using the actual program disk as it is a bootable cd, maybe i should try and create a bootable cd from the program

6. mfabien

mfabien Registered Member

1. In my case I downloaded ATI10... so, with the program disk,

a) have you created ATI10 on your internal HDD?
    b) does your program disk open up the Acronis menu?

As for bootable CD,

Perhaps the program disk serves as the Rescue Disk but, I imagine it works with a Linux OS, just like the Acronis Rescue CD and is near 3 times slower than a BartPE CD with ATI10 plugin (which works under Windows).

But you have not answered my question: Do you have a separate CD-ROM drive or a single DVD/CD internal drive? The reason I ask is if you are archiving to DVD, to restore, you can't expect to access the Acronis menu on your DVD/CD drive and at the same time restore from DVD. You would need to copy the archive to HDD (internal or external) first.

Therefore, I believe you should install ATI10 on your HDD. Then you could restore from DVD's using Windows (if it still works).

7. marc.knuckle

i do have 2 seperate drives but the restore process didn't even get to the point of asking for any disks(even though i believe it then gives the option to take program disk out and put first backup disk in)
    secondly, i have installed the program to my hdd from the disk and am sure that if i wanted to restore from windows it would be fine but just wanted to test if it would boot from the boot cd. the main reason for trying this is the acronis help desk had tried to help with the s/zone issue and said to bring up program without being in windows(boot from cd) incase it would then create s/zone while not in windows.
    cheers for reply

8. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I believe the P5B has the Intel 965 chipset which has problems with TI.

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello marc.knuckle,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that as seekforever there is an issue with Intel 965 chipset. We are still working on this issue along with the Development Team and will do our best in order to contact you with a possible workaround as soon as possible.

At this moment we may recommend that you use a BartPE-based bootable CD created using Acronis True Image plug-in for BartPE and allowing one to boot the computer into a Windows-like environment loading the appropriate drivers for any hardware devices installed in the computer at startup.

Acronis True Image plug-in for BartPE comes with the Acronis True Image installation and can be found in the
    \Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageHome\BartPE folder.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.