Primary Response Safe Connect versus CyberHawk

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by aigle, Feb 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I have done some testing with CyberHawk latest version and Primary Response Safe Connect on XP home.
    Both look good. Have a look on detection by these. It,s a crude sort of testing indeed, not a professional one. I just tried to run these`malware/ installers and observed pop ups from CH and PRSC. In case of CH Yes(red popup) means when CH detects a suspicious behaviour and matches it with a blacklist and so flags malware with its name. In case of PRSC, it does has some signature based detection as well.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 9, 2007
  2. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Re: Primary Respnse Safe Connect versus CyberHawk

PRSC looks good as well. Main issue is that it gave a lot of BSODs on my system until I removed it. It runs one service and two more processes in
    memory, all in all taking about 30 MB. As compared to CH it gives more details about the malicious behaviour. No slow downs of system.

Attached Files:

• test.jpg
      test.jpg
      File size:
      80.1 KB
      Views:
  3. aigle

aigle Registered Member

CH people should give a better info on popups just like PRSC.

4. QBgreen

QBgreen Registered Member

I've been running PRSC for six weeks now. It runs feather light on my machine and gets along with all of my other security apps. The concept behind it is very cool and very logical. Good stuff.

5. SafetyFirst

SafetyFirst Registered Member

Aigle, have you tried them running simultaneously? I have trial versions of both of them but haven't tried to attack them deliberately for testing purposes like you did. Do you think they can effectively coexist without stomping on each other?
    I still haven't decided which one to buy (or maybe both if they can live together) so your feedback is valuable...

6. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I like both. As I read from pcmag review, CH was better in spyware/ adware detection and PRSC was better in keyloggers.
    Also PRSC was better in cleaning already infected PC ( though it is not supoosed to be their job). I esp like PRSC,s escription about the malicious behaviour, t is better than CH.
    On my system I added PRSC to my current security appliances together( see my sig) that means alongwith CH. For unknown reason I got many BSODs that were sure due to PRSC, may be some conflict so I uninstalled it just after testing.
    U have to try urself.
    I really like both and hope they will become mature with time.
    CH has a big plus that it is free with almost complete features for a normal user.

7. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Really a nice application. I remember its system requirments include XP Pro in the past. It was just yesterday I cam to that u can now run it on Home edition as well.
    Anybody else tried it?

8. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Aigle,

Thanks, good testing. I liked your tests of DFK treath Simulator against some Sandboxes also.

:thumb:

9. aigle

aigle Registered Member

10. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.