Is this Possible with Acronis True Image Home v10.0.4871

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Prion Break, Feb 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prion Break

Prion Break Registered Member

Acronis True Image Home v10.0.4871 & TIB Files ...

ive got 2 computers with netowork connections​
    Computer 1:Server(Desktop Computer) With CD&DVD Writer
    Computer 2:laptop with CD Reader

Now is it possible to

Method 1 Install Acronis True Image Home v10.0.4871 in computer 1 and by using " sharing and security " in computer 2 share drive C , then in computer 1 using "backup" then selecting "My data" , Browse to network connections and select the \\Computer2\Acer(c) and proceed . when the burn process to DVD is done is it possible to restore computer 2 to its original state working as if the burn process was made using a dvd in the laptop itself ??

If plan 1 fails

Method 2 Is it possible to install Acronis True Image Home v10.0.4871 in computer 2 and split the tib file every 2300 MB and then using network share.To share the files containing the splitted (TIB) files in computer 2 so that they can be copied to computer 1 and then using nero every 2 files that is 4600 MB can fit in 1 DVD, if so how can i split TIB files

Last edited: Feb 9, 2007
  2. Unit01

Unit01 Registered Member

10 points for formatting!

Acronis is licensed on one PC only at any given time. Thus you're limited to one installation.

Yes you can do what you want, where the files are burnt to DVD is not an issue. Secondly you can't split Tibs after the fact. You'll need to split them as a part of the image creation process. Again not an issue.

Off the top of my head the recommended split size is 1.39gb allowing 3 tib files to DVD nicely. Might be a little higher in split size but 1.39 is the number I've been using (too lazy to change / forum search for the number others are using).

Scenario 1 is the way to go. Though you say your laptop has only a CD reader? Surely you mean it is CD/DVD (read) combo at least?

3. Prion Break

Thanks for your reply ,, The results were as follows for

Method 1The burning process finished 5 minutes ago it took very long time to burn though because the network speed is 100mbps i also checked the (TIB)file size it was 2.72 GB , and C Drive size in computer 2 is 8.855 GB o_O so this method did not work . and even if it did it is very very slow due to network connection :thumbd:

Method 2 WORKED !!:D what i did was the following

Following Steps were done in Computer 2

* The Normal Compression Final size was 4.86 GB

* This is an error with the program File split command it was set to 4.6 GB and files splitted at 3.99 GB so i think max split is set to 3.99 GB anyways the File size is over 4.7 GB capacity of a DVD . so 1 DVD-R for the (3.99 GB) & 2CD-R are needed .

* I thought about it again and decided to make a split at 2.3 GB so i will end with 3 files Mybackup1.tib &Mybackup2.tib each 2.34 Gb that makes (4.68 GB will fit one 1 DVD) & the third file Mybackup3.tib (194 MB will fit on 1 CD-R) .. so wasting 1 DVD-R and 1 CD-R is better than wasting 1 DVD-R and (2)CD-R :D

Last edited: Feb 10, 2007
  4. Unit01

Unit01 Registered Member

Nicely done.

Re-reading your original post I see what you were actually trying to achieve.

Just one thing though, by the looks of what you're doing you won't be able to restore the system as a DR solution. Are you doing disk images or file folder? I ask as file folder won't include the MBR for starters.

If you want a DR / restore in case of hdd failure, or the likes then you'll need disk images from the source box, not file folder / backup of a network share of your entire C:

5. Prion Break

UPDATE !!

Thats not a big issue , i changed split size ...

6. Prion Break

Update...

Files have been split into 3 parts , 2 will be on this DVD-R and the remaining 1 (TIB [568MB]) will be on a CD-R . Now if computer 2 crashes , using the procedure mentioned before this post , and booting to dos and inserting both cd's in after that will i be logged to windows with the same configuration for the ( TIB ) files ?

7. Prion Break

So Now if something Goes wrong with Computer 2 is it possible to restore it to how it was using the TIB files burned ??

8. Prion Break

9. Unit01

Unit01 Registered Member

Sorry dude, was having quite a bad week it would seem!

As for what you're doing thats just fine (obviously it worked)

Some how I got the message that you were intending on backing up the laptop from computer 2 by sharing the whole C over the network and backing it up that way. In that case its not likely to work.

However in the way you did it, as you found, it works just fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.