high cpu usage from "System" Process by amon.sys

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by jasyn, Feb 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jasyn

jasyn Registered Member

I have version 2.70.31 and I do know that this was present with 2.70.16. Under my processes (CTRL+ALT+DEL), the process System is always showing up 50-60% cpu usage. I used processexplorer from sysinternals and searched the threads for System. I noticed that amon.sys was causing red marks, so I shut off AMON on nod32. When I did that, the cpu usage ceased to exist. Is there a fix?

2. jasyn

jasyn Registered Member

update: i notice that AMON keeps scanning a logs.log which i can't seem to find on my system. any ideas?

3. jasyn

jasyn Registered Member

well here is what i've found out so far. i used processexplorer from sysinternals and realized that it had something to do with amon.sys from nod32. disabling nod32's amon of course made it so that the cpu usage disappeared, but it doesn't exactly solve the issue. so i then realized that amon was always scanning something called logs.log. i came to the conclusion that it had something to do with comodo firewall. i couldn't exactly find a disable log function for comodo, so i just shut it down completely to see if that made a difference. when i did that, the System process once again (as when i turned off amon) made it so that the cpu usage disappeared.

i don't know which software is the one causing the problem. it seems to be a conflict for sure between amon & logs.log from comodo. anyone else having this issue?

Last edited: Feb 8, 2007
  4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Excluding log file extension in the AMON setup should do the trick.

5. jasyn

jasyn Registered Member

i added logs.log to the exclusion & that solved the issue. thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.