How to get a lifetime license for Avg Anti-spyware?

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by disinter1, Jan 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. disinter1

disinter1 Guest

I know they offered it before somehow, but they should really give the option to offer a lifetime license on their site. I know I would get one, so please if anyone from Avg reads this, please offer that option soon. If anyone else knows how to get one, please let me know thanks!:)

2. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

That won't happen again i'm sure, this is normally only offered when a vendor needs cash and soon after ewido was sold to Grisoft and they (AVG/Grisoft support) told customers it was now good for 2 years "only", so i'm pretty sure they (AVG) won't offer this again.....................and why would they? It's like shooting yourself in the foot businesswise. :)

3. feddup

feddup Registered Member

who's lifetime?

I bought a "lifetime" license for Ewido and learned a fine lesson when they turned into AVG and AVG, ten months later, wanted me to purchase a new license. Stay away from AVG! There are other companies!

4. peter.ewido

peter.ewido former ewido team

Sorry but this is simply not true! Lifetime licenses are still lifetime licenses as it is also clearly written in the program! Unfortunately however, there were some annoyances, internal misunderstandings and bugs with this type of licenses when the change from ewido to AVG happened but that's also all. If you have problems with your license please contact the ewido support to get it resolved:
    http://www.ewido.net/en/contact/

5. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Peter,
    Thank you for that response. It is the first time I have personally seen a clear statement on the lifetime licenses. There may have been others, but I had not seen them if so.

I appreciate that they will remain so, and the contact point if there are problems. It is a manifestation of the intregity of both you and AVG.

Regards,
    Jerry

6. nameless

nameless Registered Member

That's not true, according to what I'm being told by Grisoft. I had a "lifetime" ewido license, yet I just asked support to verify my license details, and I was told this:

How is this "lifetime"?

To add to the confusion, I purchased in 2004 (I believe), not at all in 2006. I assume the June 15, 2006 date is simply when the ewido-to-Grisoft transfer took place.

I'm getting all sorts of interesting errors when trying to view my invoice on the element5.com servers:

Last edited: Feb 6, 2007
  7. peter.ewido

peter.ewido former ewido team

nameless, please carefully read again what I wrote... Thanks! :)

8. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

I suppose you mean that nameless should contact Ewido support to get this resolved? o_O

While I do understand that lifetime licenses will remain lifetime licenses, there is still a question of what will happen at the so-called "expiry date" that is being said by Grisoft on the matter of lifetime licenses. :doubt:

9. nameless

That's what I assumed. I've now done so. We'll see what happens.

I thought I had already used that contact form to send my initial license inquiry, but now I think I may have used the Grisoft site instead.

10. feddup

feddup Registered Member

Peter is good!

Peter is an excellent ewido representative. He's bent over backward helping me over my "lifetime" license. My dealings with AVG representatives is, however, horrid. Ten months after my "lifetime" purchase two of them have stated that I needed to purchase a new license. As periodic maintenance I image (true image of course) back to a clean XP system and I'm wondering how reinstalls will go. Anyway Peter's trying very hard but I'm not an AVG fan. This really has been a good lesson for me. Lifetime membership? Who's lifetime? I was so gullible!

11. nameless

Why "of course" True Image? There are alternatives.

I'd have to agree that Peter is great. He's put up with me, for crying out loud. Between him and my wife, well let's just say it's a small crowd. :)

I got a response from my ewido.net license query. The gist of it is that if you see the text You have an unlimited license for AVG Anti-Spyware on the AVG AS status screen, you have a lifetime license in effect. I did notice that text before, but I find the term "unlimited" to be ambiguous.

FWIW, I installed AVG AS under VMware, then set the clock to September, 2007, and rebooted. AVG AS still displayed the same license text, so I assume the license won't actually expire in June, 2007, as the Grisoft rep told me.

Thanks to all who assisted.

12. walking paradox

walking paradox Registered Member

Is there any way to get a lifetime license now? Or has that option been permanently removed since AVG acquired ewido? Any way to back-purchase one?

13. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Most probably not.

14. Frank the Perv

Frank the Perv Banned

Only if you can figure out time travel.

15. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Answer is "No". There is simply no way to get a lifetime license at this point. That period is gone and over.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.