Imon Necessary

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Jigga, Jan 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jigga

Jigga Registered Member

Is Imon necessary. I get the purpose of it but shouldnt the amon work just as well when downloading a malicious file? I am not running any email software I use webmail so should I leave the Imon off or does it offer more enhanced detection? Also I have heard that it can slow down connections and p2p connections. Is this true?

2. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

imon will stop a threat reaching your system - AMON can only stop it once it's there already.

3. rothko

rothko Registered Member

I prefer to have IMON enabled, even if you don't use the POP3 part of the scanner the http scanning is nice to have, it's stopped a fair few threats in the past for me.

I also havent noticed it slowing down browsing or P2Ping. Put it this way - if I don't use it I don't notice any speed increase.

4. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

If you're a risky surfer and visit some bad sites then i'd recommend keeping imon on.

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

IMON can also block access to known bad sites that distribute nothing but malware . IMON is appropriate to protect browsers against expoloits or stop trojan downloaders (and any other malware) :thumb:

6. Jigga

Jigga Registered Member

Now I noticed a lot of people complaining about issues with p2p, however this seems to be back in 2004. Have these issues been sorted out?

7. lodore

lodore Registered Member

well do you use p2p and have issues yourself?
    or are you just reading up on old posts?
    if you do p2p and have issues of nod32 imon then explain what p2p you use and maybe people can help you.
    lodore

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.