Beginner's Guide to Creating a BartPE CD with a TI Plugin

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by mustang, Jan 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mustang

mustang Developer

More and more people are being forced to look into BartPE as an alternative to the Acronis True Image Recovery CD. The Acronis disk is based on the Linux operating system. As new hardware is introduced, there is a serious lag before the appropriate drivers are added to the Recovery CD. BartPE is a Windows based system that uses readily available Windows drivers. In many cases it is much faster than the Acronis Recovery CD because of the USB drivers used.

BartPE can be very confusing for the beginner. After you get used to it, you will find it is not that hard to learn and use. I have written the Beginner's Guide to Creating a BartPE CD. This is a very detailed Guide aimed at BartPE beginners. It contains all the details and download links you will need to create a working BartPE CD. It also contains an important section on how to create a Windows XP Service Pack 2 installation disk from an I386 folder. This is very useful if you did not get a full Windows installation disk with your computer. You will need one to build a BartPE CD. Advanced uses will also find a section on how to boot BartPE from a USB flash drive. There is also a special link for Dell users to add missing files to the Dell I386 folder. Please feel free to make comments or suggestions to improve it. The Guide is being offered at $1.99. This fee, along with the additional fees for any plugins downloaded from the following link will be used to update the Guide and contribute towards development of new BartPE plugins as needed.

BartPE plugins for all the currently available True Image products and Acronis Disk Director Suite can be downloaded for a small fee from http://www.mechrest.com/plugins/index.html. These fees and any additional donations will also go towards maintaining the current plugins and creating new ones in the future.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2007
  2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Bless you my son for you have provided great service to your brothers and sisters.

OK, perhaps just a big thank you would have been enough, but I think you deserve more. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2007
  3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Agreed!! :thumb: :cool:

Regards

Last edited: Jan 21, 2007
  4. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

5. phasechange

phasechange Registered Member

Mods, please make this a sticky!

6. mfabien

mfabien Registered Member

Wished I had this info a couple of days ago. It took the support of many members to help me complete the BartPE CD.

Mustang, one step I don't fully understand is the following command:

How does command BCD wxphome in the command prompt (the DOS window?) cause the CD to burn? I must be missing something here...

7. mustang

mustang Developer

Thanks for the kind words.

Hi mfabien,

Thanks for the inspiration. I was thinking about doing this for awhile. Your struggle pushed me to follow through with this guide.

The "cd \BCD" line changes the directory to C:\BCD. The "BCD wxphome" line runs C:\BCD\bcd.cmd with an input of wxphome. You can see all the commands that are being run by right-clicking on bcd.cmd and choosing Edit. All the credit for this method of making a Windows XP installation CD goes to Bart Lagerweij. He created this method as well as BartPE.

8. dld

dld Registered Member

I'm one of those who has never been successful at building a BartPE disk. This morning I tried to follow the instructions given in this thread by Mustang. This time I get the following error:

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/7073/screenshot0707cv.jpg

My WinXP SP2 disk is a Dell Reinstallation disk that includes SP2. One error has to do with a difficulty finding a graphics driver. These are the only Dell drivers on my computer:

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/7924/screenshot0710wb.jpg

This is a screenshot of the drivers on my Dell Dimension Resource CD Drivers & Utilities:

http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/4117/screenshot0728xi.jpg

9. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Mustang, great job on something that was needed, especially dealing with a recovery CD instead of a vanilla XP installation CD.

One area I think could be clarified a bit is using the SP2 file, on first pass if you know you have SP2 already you are wondering if you need to do it and near the end you state:
    "(This step is necessary even if your I386 folder is based on Service Pack 2. You will get the extra files you need to make the installation CD work properly.)"

Would it help to point out the typical file extensions required in driver files to be placed in the extra drivers folder?

Thanks for providing this guide.

10. mfabien

mfabien Registered Member

dld,

Looking at the BartPE script, why am I seeing a whole bunch of entries with Win2000 in the path? Your message below the script seems to refer to Windows XP...

11. dld

dld Registered Member

I can't answer that. As directed I copied all the contents of my Dell WinXP SP2 Resinstallation disk.

12. mustang

mustang Developer

Hi dld,

You should not need to put any graphics drivers in BartPE. Try again without them. BartPE should be able to run at low resolution using the default Windows VGA driver. The driver section is meant only for hard drive controller and network controller drivers. Adding graghics and sound drivers is an advanced option and is usually done in the plugin section. A great way to create these plugins is to use the AutoDriver function provided in Reatogo XPE at http://www.reatogo.de. It parses the system and automatically builds plugins. You can choose which devices it should look for.

You may also be having problems because of the Dell Recovery disk. Dell disks have been known to cause boot problems with BartPE. There is a plugin called Fix Dell that can be used. You can read about it at http://www.911cd.net/forums//index.php?showtopic=14290&hl=Fix+Dell. I think they are talking about using the Dell Recovery disk as it is (not putting it through the procedure I outlined for use with an OEM I386 folder). The first post in that thread gives the needed code in the quote box. To use it you need to turn it into a plugin. Just copy and paste the text in the quote box to notepad. Save it as FixDellXP.inf. Create a new folder called FixDellXP in the pebuilder\plugin folder. Copy FixDellXP.inf to the new folder. That will be the plugin. Please let me know if any of this helps.

I am interested to hearing from other Dell users on their experience as well. I don't know if putting the Dell I386 folder though the process I outlined in the guide will fix the issue or if the FixDell plugin is needed as well.

13. leoliver

leoliver Registered Member

I have a Dell Dimension 4550 (2004) computer. It came with a reinstallation disc, Windows XP Pro SP1 . I found it impossible to slipstream that disc with the SP2. update. I tried "Auto Streamer " , slip-streaming with a Bart PE build and using run > intergrate commands, all without sucess.

Then I tried the "nLite" free utlity, at http://www.nliteos.com/guide/, and then I finally had sucess slip -streaming my Dell OEM reinstall disc with a SP2.exe update:
    ( by sucess I mean both the WIN51IP.SP2 and SP2.cab files were in the finished file ).
    I then used that finished file in my Bart PE build ( no slipstreaming with Bart PE ), with which I added the Acronis plug in .
    My Bart PE disc now boots, and the Acronis plug in, opens my Acronis
    program, in Bart PE .
    I do have some questions about how to use Acronis, after booting in Bart, that I will ask in another post.

14. mustang

mustang Developer

Hi Seekforever,

Thanks for your feedback.

I'll try to make the guide more clear on the SP2 issue. The Windows installation CD needs a file called WIN51IP.SP2 in the root. If it is not present, you will be asked to put the Windows XP/SP2 disk in the A drive. Nice message, and of course impossible to deal with. You will get the same message if you try to boot a BartPE disk without the file WIN51IP.SP2 in the root, as mfabien experienced.

I'll also try to clarify the driver issue on what to put in pebuilder\drivers\Net and pebuilder\drivers\SCSIAdapter. You should copy the entire driver just as it was supplied by the manufacturer. BartPE will sort it out and only use what is needed. Bart has made this very conveniet.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2007
  15. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

I can thoroughly recommend the nLite utility. Not only does it make slipstreaming Windows and SP2 as easy as 1-2-3 but it can also create a number of different variations of a Windows installation CD. Definitely worth checking out.

Regards

16. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

I haven't tried nLite but Autostreamer also works well for slipstreaming the SP2 file into your XP install cd http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=223562.

17. dld

dld Registered Member

Hi Mustang... I think we're almost there, thanks to you. I followed your instructions:
    - Deleted the video driver for my Dell Dimension 2300 desktop, which was file R46541.
    - Copied the Fix Dell plugin as per your link to Notepad and saved this as FixDellXP.inf which I then copied to a folder FixDellXP created in pebuilder\plugin.

I was able to create a bootable BartPE disk. My problem now is the following:

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/4538/img0351small0cz.jpg

18. mustang

mustang Developer

Hi dld,

Great news! You're home free now. Sometimes the plugin has trouble picking up the serial number info from the registry. All you have to do is copy and paste it to the inf file. Run regedit.exe and look at the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Acronis\TrueImage

In the right hand pane, highlight the word "standard". (The word could be workstation, server or enterprise depending on your version of TI.) Go to the Edit menu and choose Modify. When the Edit String window opens the number will already be highlighted. Hit Ctrl-C to copy the number to the clipboard. Be careful not to hit any other keys as you could delete the number and have to reinstall TI. Hit the Cancel button and close regedit. Go to the plugin and double click the inf file. You will see the serial number at the end of the file. Highlight the entire number (including leading spaces) between the quotes. Hit Ctrl-V to paste the number back from the clipboard. Save the changes and that should take care of the problem. You may find that the number looks the same, but the number of leading spaces has changed.

Hey, I gotta run. The second half of the Pats/Colts game has started.

19. dld

dld Registered Member

Hi Mustang... Hope you were pulling for the Colts. I copied the serial number to the ATI9 inf file. This time I get an unbootable disk. There was an error:
    http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/4517/screenshot0742jv.jpg

This is the ATI9 inf file:

; ================= Acronis True Image 9 Home =================

; PE Builder v3 plugin INF file
    ; For Acronis True Image 9 Home
    ; Created by Paul Larini (mustang)
    ; Thanks to dg112 and FileCity for help with image mounting
    ; =============================================================

[Version]
    Signature= "$Windows NT$"

[PEBuilder]
    Name="Acronis True Image 9 Home"
    Help="TrueImageH9.htm"
    Enable=0

[WinntDirectories]

a="Programs\TrueImageH9",2
    b="Programs\TrueImageH9\Common Files",2
    c="Programs\TrueImageH9\Common Files\CDRecord",2
    d="Programs\TrueImageH9\Common Files\Common",2
    e="Programs\TrueImageH9\Common Files\Drivers",2
    f="Programs\TrueImageH9\Common Files\Schedule2",2
    g="Programs\TrueImageH9\Common Files\TrueImage",2
    h="Programs\TrueImageH9\Common Files\MediaBuilder",2
    i="Programs\TrueImageH9\Common Files\RemoteInstall",2
    j="Programs\TrueImageH9\Common Files\TrueImageHome",2

[SourceDisksFiles]

AutoRun0_StartAcrSvc.cmd=2,,1

files\*.*=a,,1
    files\Common Files\CDRecord\*.*=c,,1
    files\Common Files\Common\*.*=d,,1
    files\Common Files\Drivers\*.*=e,,1
    files\Common Files\Schedule2\*.*=f,,1
    files\Common Files\Schedule2\schedhlp.exe=a,,1
    files\Common Files\TrueImage\*.*=g,,1
    files\Common Files\MediaBuilder\*.*=h,,1
    files\Common Files\RemoteInstall\*.*=i,,1
    files\Common Files\TrueImageHome\*.*=j,,1
    files\Drivers\MSVCP71.DLL=2,,1
    files\Drivers\MSVCR71.DLL=2,,1
    files\Drivers\SNAPAPI.DLL=2,,1
    files\Drivers\SNAPMAN.SYS=4,,1
    files\Drivers\TIFSFILT.SYS=4,,1
    files\Drivers\TIMNTR.SYS=4,,1

shfolder.dll=2

[SetValue]

"txtsetup.sif", "SourceDisksFiles", "snapman.sys", "1,,,,,,_3,4,1"
    "txtsetup.sif", "SCSI.Load", "snapman", "snapman.sys,4"
    "txtsetup.sif", "SCSI", "snapman", """Acronis Snapshot Driver"""
    "txtsetup.sif", "HardwareIdsDatabase", "STORAGE\Volume", """Volume"",{71A27CDD-812A-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F}"

[Software.Addreg]

; ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ User information +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

; Copy the value from HKLM\Software\Acronis\TrueImage\"standard" to the following line.
    <SERIAL NUMBER DATA SNIPPED>

; +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

0x1, "Acronis\CDRecord","","\Programs\TrueImageH9\Common Files\CDRecord\"
    0x1, "Acronis\CDRecord2","","\Programs\TrueImageH9\Common Files\CDRecord\"

0x1, "Acronis\CommonComponents","rpc_client.dll","\Programs\TrueImageH9\Common Files\Common\rpc_client.dll"
    0x1, "Acronis\CommonComponents","spawn.exe","\Programs\TrueImageH9\spawn.exe"

0x1, "Acronis\MediaBuilder","ExePath","\Programs\TrueImageH9\Common Files\MediaBuilder\MediaBuilder.exe"
    0x1, "Acronis\MediaBuilder\Products","TrueImageFullMedia","\Programs\TrueImageH9\Common Files\TrueImageHome\media_full.config"
    0x1, "Acronis\MediaBuilder\Products","TrueImageSafeMedia","\Programs\TrueImageH9\Common Files\TrueImageHome\media_safe.config"
    0x1, "Acronis\MediaBuilder\Products","TrueImageRescueCDMedia","\Programs\TrueImageH9\Common Files\TrueImageHome\media_rescuecd.config"
    0x1, "Acronis\MediaBuilder\Products","AgentLinuxRamdiskMedia","\Programs\TrueImageH9\Common Files\TrueImage\bootagent.config"

0x1, "Acronis\RemoteInstall","BootstrapApp","\Programs\TrueImageH9\Common Files\RemoteInstall\msi_setup.exe"
    0x1, "Acronis\RemoteInstall","BootstrapService","\Programs\TrueImageH9\Common Files\RemoteInstall\acroinst.exe"

0x1, "Acronis\Schedule2\Substitute","TrueImageService","\Programs\TrueImageH9\Common Files\TrueImage\TrueImageService.exe"
    0x1, "Acronis\Schedule2\Substitute","TrueImageNotify","\Programs\TrueImageH9\Common Files\TrueImage\TrueImageNotify.exe"

0x1, "Acronis\TrueImageHome\Settings","AutopartExePath","\Programs\TrueImageH9\Common Files\TrueImage\AutoPartNt.exe"
    0x1, "Acronis\TrueImageHome\Settings","WorkingDir","\Programs\TrueImageH9\Common Files\TrueImageHome\"
    0x1, "Acronis\TrueImageHome\Settings","MainExePath","\Programs\TrueImageH9\TrueImage.exe"

0x1, "Classes\CLSID\{C539A15A-3AF9-4c92-B771-50CB78F5C751}","","Acronis True Image Shell Extension"
    0x1, "Classes\CLSID\{C539A15A-3AF9-4c92-B771-50CB78F5C751}\InProcServer32","","\Programs\TrueImageH9\tishell.dll"
    0x1, "Classes\CLSID\{C539A15A-3AF9-4c92-B771-50CB78F5C751}\InProcServer32","ThreadingModel","Apartment"

0x1, "Classes\.tib","","tibfile"
    0x1, "Classes\tibfile","","Acronis True Image Backup Archive"
    0x1, "Classes\tibfile\DefaultIcon","","\Programs\TrueImageH9\tishell.dll,0"
    0x1, "Classes\tibfile\Shell\open","","&Plug"
    0x1, "Classes\tibfile\Shell\open\command","","""\Programs\TrueImageH9\TrueImage.exe"" /mount:""%1"""
    0x1, "Classes\tibfile\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\{C539A15A-3AF9-4c92-B771-50CB78F5C751}","",""

0x1, "Classes\.tis","","tisfile"
    0x1, "Classes\tisfile","","Acronis True Image Script"
    0x1, "Classes\tisfile\DefaultIcon","","\Programs\TrueImageH9\tishell.dll,1"
    0x1, "Classes\tisfile\Shell\open","","&Execute Task Script"
    0x1, "Classes\tisfile\Shell\open\command","","""\Programs\TrueImageH9\Common Files\TrueImage\TrueImageService.exe"" /script:""%1"""

0x2, "Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce","Start Acronis Srvices","%SystemRoot%\System32\AutoRun0_StartAcrSvc.cmd"

; XPE Shortcuts (You can comment out these next two lines if you do use XPE.)
    0x2, "Sherpya\XPEinit\Programs","Acronis True Image 9 Home","%SystemDrive%\Programs\TrueImageH9\TrueImage.exe"
    0x2, "Sherpya\XPEinit\Desktop","Acronis True Image 9 Home","%SystemDrive%\Programs\TrueImageH9\TrueImage.exe"

[SetupReg.AddReg]

;Class

0x7, "ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}", "UpperFilters", "snapman"
    0x7, "ControlSet001\Control\Class\{71A27CDD-812A-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F}", "UpperFilters", "snapman", "timounter"

0x1, "ControlSet001\Control\Class\{1860459D-4692-4825-B761-44A725991050}","Class","AcronisDevices"
    0x1, "ControlSet001\Control\Class\{1860459D-4692-4825-B761-44A725991050}","","Acronis Devices"
    0x1, "ControlSet001\Control\Class\{1860459D-4692-4825-B761-44A725991050}\0000","ProviderName","Acronis"
    0x1, "ControlSet001\Control\Class\{1860459D-4692-4825-B761-44A725991050}\0000","MatchingDeviceId","root\timounter"
    0x1, "ControlSet001\Control\Class\{1860459D-4692-4825-B761-44A725991050}\0000","DriverDesc","Acronis TrueImage Backup Archive Explorer"

;Enum

0x1, "ControlSet001\Enum\Root\ACRONISDEVICES\0000","DeviceDesc","Acronis TrueImage Backup Archive Explorer"
    0x1, "ControlSet001\Enum\Root\ACRONISDEVICES\0000","ClassGUID","{1860459D-4692-4825-B761-44A725991050}"
    0x1, "ControlSet001\Enum\Root\ACRONISDEVICES\0000","Class","AcronisDevices"
    0x1, "ControlSet001\Enum\Root\ACRONISDEVICES\0000","Driver","{1860459D-4692-4825-B761-44A725991050}\0000"
    0x1, "ControlSet001\Enum\Root\ACRONISDEVICES\0000","Mfg","Acronis"
    0x7, "ControlSet001\Enum\Root\ACRONISDEVICES\0000","HardwareID","root\timounter"
    0x1, "ControlSet001\Enum\Root\ACRONISDEVICES\0000","Service","timounter"
    0x4, "ControlSet001\Enum\Root\ACRONISDEVICES\0000","ConfigFlags", 0x00000000
    0x4, "ControlSet001\Enum\Root\ACRONISDEVICES\0000","Capabilities", 0x00000000
    0x0, "ControlSet001\Enum\Root\ACRONISDEVICES\0000\LogConf"
    0x1, "ControlSet001\Enum\Root\ACRONISDEVICES\0000\Control","ActiveService","timounter"

0x4, "ControlSet001\Enum\Root\LEGACY_ACRSCH2SVC","NextInstance", 0x00000001
    0x1, "ControlSet001\Enum\Root\LEGACY_ACRSCH2SVC\0000","Service","AcrSch2Svc"
    0x4, "ControlSet001\Enum\Root\LEGACY_ACRSCH2SVC\0000","Legacy", 0x00000001
    0x4, "ControlSet001\Enum\Root\LEGACY_ACRSCH2SVC\0000","ConfigFlags", 0x00000000
    0x1, "ControlSet001\Enum\Root\LEGACY_ACRSCH2SVC\0000","Class","LegacyDriver"
    0x1, "ControlSet001\Enum\Root\LEGACY_ACRSCH2SVC\0000","ClassGUID","{8ECC055D-047F-11D1-A537-0000F8753ED1}"
    0x1, "ControlSet001\Enum\Root\LEGACY_ACRSCH2SVC\0000","DeviceDesc","Acronis Scheduler2 Service"
    0x1, "ControlSet001\Enum\Root\LEGACY_ACRSCH2SVC\0000\Control","ActiveService","AcrSch2Svc"

0x1, "ControlSet001\Enum\AcroVBus\BACKUPHDD\1&33bc641a&0&0","DeviceDesc","Disk drive"
    0x1, "ControlSet001\Enum\AcroVBus\BACKUPHDD\1&33bc641a&0&0","LocationInformation","Acronis Virtual Bus Controller (0)"
    0x4, "ControlSet001\Enum\AcroVBus\BACKUPHDD\1&33bc641a&0&0","Capabilities", 0x000000a6
    0x7, "ControlSet001\Enum\AcroVBus\BACKUPHDD\1&33bc641a&0&0","HardwareID","AcroVBus\BACKUPHDD"
    0x7, "ControlSet001\Enum\AcroVBus\BACKUPHDD\1&33bc641a&0&0","CompatibleIDs","GenDisk"
    0x1, "ControlSet001\Enum\AcroVBus\BACKUPHDD\1&33bc641a&0&0","ClassGUID","{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}"
    0x1, "ControlSet001\Enum\AcroVBus\BACKUPHDD\1&33bc641a&0&0","Service","disk"
    0x4, "ControlSet001\Enum\AcroVBus\BACKUPHDD\1&33bc641a&0&0","ConfigFlags", 0x00000000
    0x1, "ControlSet001\Enum\AcroVBus\BACKUPHDD\1&33bc641a&0&0","Driver","{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0000"
    0x1, "ControlSet001\Enum\AcroVBus\BACKUPHDD\1&33bc641a&0&0","Class","DiskDrive"
    0x1, "ControlSet001\Enum\AcroVBus\BACKUPHDD\1&33bc641a&0&0","Mfg","(Standard disk drives)"
    0x1, "ControlSet001\Enum\AcroVBus\BACKUPHDD\1&33bc641a&0&0","FriendlyName","Acronis Virtual HDD"
    0x0, "ControlSet001\Enum\AcroVBus\BACKUPHDD\1&33bc641a&0&0\Device Parameters"
    0x0, "ControlSet001\Enum\AcroVBus\BACKUPHDD\1&33bc641a&0&0\LogConf"

0x4, "ControlSet001\Enum\Root\LEGACY_TIFSFILTER","NextInstance", 0x00000001
    0x1, "ControlSet001\Enum\Root\LEGACY_TIFSFILTER\0000","Service","tifsfilter"
    0x4, "ControlSet001\Enum\Root\LEGACY_TIFSFILTER\0000","Legacy", 0x00000001
    0x4, "ControlSet001\Enum\Root\LEGACY_TIFSFILTER\0000","ConfigFlags", 0x00000020
    0x1, "ControlSet001\Enum\Root\LEGACY_TIFSFILTER\0000","Class","LegacyDriver"
    0x1, "ControlSet001\Enum\Root\LEGACY_TIFSFILTER\0000","ClassGUID","{8ECC055D-047F-11D1-A537-0000F8753ED1}"
    0x1, "ControlSet001\Enum\Root\LEGACY_TIFSFILTER\0000","DeviceDesc","Acronis TrueImage FS Filter"
    0x1, "ControlSet001\Enum\Root\LEGACY_TIFSFILTER\0000\Control","ActiveService","tifsfilter"

;Services

0x4, "ControlSet001\Services\AcrSch2Svc","Type", 0x00000110
    0x4, "ControlSet001\Services\AcrSch2Svc","Start", 0x00000002
    0x4, "ControlSet001\Services\AcrSch2Svc","ErrorControl", 0x00000001
    0x2, "ControlSet001\Services\AcrSch2Svc","ImagePath","""\Programs\TrueImageH9\Common Files\Schedule2\schedul2.exe"""
    0x1, "ControlSet001\Services\AcrSch2Svc","DisplayName","Acronis Scheduler2 Service"
    0x7, "ControlSet001\Services\AcrSch2Svc","DependOnService","RpcSs"
    0x7, "ControlSet001\Services\AcrSch2Svc","DependOnGroup"
    0x1, "ControlSet001\Services\AcrSch2Svc","ObjectName","LocalSystem"
    0x1, "ControlSet001\Services\AcrSch2Svc","Description","Allows Acronis products to schedule automated tasks on this computer. If this service is stopped, these tasks will not be run at their scheduled times."
    0x1, "ControlSet001\Services\AcrSch2Svc\Enum","0","Root\LEGACY_ACRSCH2SVC\0000"
    0x4, "ControlSet001\Services\AcrSch2Svc\Enum","Count", 0x00000001
    0x4, "ControlSet001\Services\AcrSch2Svc\Enum","NextInstance", 0x00000001

0x4, "ControlSet001\Services\snapman","Type", 0x00000001
    0x4, "ControlSet001\Services\snapman","Start", 0x00000000
    0x4, "ControlSet001\Services\snapman","ErrorControl", 0x00000001
    0x2, "ControlSet001\Services\snapman","ImagePath","system32\DRIVERS\snapman.sys"
    0x1, "ControlSet001\Services\snapman","DisplayName","Acronis Snapshots Manager"

0x4, "ControlSet001\Services\tifsfilter","Type", 0x00000002
    0x4, "ControlSet001\Services\tifsfilter","Start", 0x00000002
    0x4, "ControlSet001\Services\tifsfilter","ErrorControl", 0x00000001
    0x4, "ControlSet001\Services\tifsfilter","Tag", 0x00000019
    0x2, "ControlSet001\Services\tifsfilter","ImagePath","system32\DRIVERS\tifsfilt.sys"
    0x1, "ControlSet001\Services\tifsfilter","DisplayName","Acronis TrueImage FS Filter"
    0x1, "ControlSet001\Services\tifsfilter","Group","Filter"
    0x1, "ControlSet001\Services\tifsfilter\Enum","0","Root\LEGACY_TIFSFILTER\0000"
    0x4, "ControlSet001\Services\tifsfilter\Enum","Count", 0x00000001
    0x4, "ControlSet001\Services\tifsfilter\Enum","NextInstance", 0x00000001

0x4, "ControlSet001\Services\timounter","Type", 0x00000001
    0x4, "ControlSet001\Services\timounter","Start", 0x00000000
    0x4, "ControlSet001\Services\timounter","ErrorControl", 0x00000001
    0x4, "ControlSet001\Services\timounter","Tag", 0x0000000e
    0x2, "ControlSet001\Services\timounter","ImagePath","system32\DRIVERS\timntr.sys"
    0x1, "ControlSet001\Services\timounter","DisplayName","Acronis True Image Backup Archive Explorer"
    0x1, "ControlSet001\Services\timounter","Group","Extended Base"
    0x1, "ControlSet001\Services\timounter\Enum","0","Root\ACRONISDEVICES\0000"
    0x4, "ControlSet001\Services\timounter\Enum","Count", 0x00000001
    0x4, "ControlSet001\Services\timounter\Enum","NextInstance", 0x00000001

; ++++++++++++++++++ Make Directory Profiles section +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    [Software.AddReg]
    0x2,"Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList","ProfilesDirectory","%temp%\@ProfilesDir@"
    0x1,"Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList","DefaultUserProfile","Default User"
    0x1,"Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList","AllUsersProfile","All Users"

[SetupReg.AddReg]
    ; Add ProfilesDir environment variable
    0x2, "ControlSet001\Control\Session Manager\Environment", "ProfilesDir", "%temp%\@ProfilesDir@"
    0x2, "ControlSet001\Control\Session Manager\Environment", "USERPROFILE", "%temp%\@ProfilesDir@\Default User"
    [Software.AddReg]
    ; Following line added to trick True Image into running properly.
    0x1, "Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList","AllUsersProfile","Default User"
    ; ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

[SetupReg.AddReg]

;Setup

0x0,"Setup\AllowStart\acrsch2svc"
    0x0,"Setup\AllowStart\tifsfilter"

[Append]
    nu2menu.xml, TrueImageH9_nu2menu.xml

~ EDIT: Serial Number data deleted ~ Menorcaman

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2007
  20. mustang

mustang Developer

Hi dld,

Never post your serial number information. I didn't see it before it was removed, but I doubt it was the cause of the error.

Something must have changed since your last build. When you get errors you can look at them in the log. All you need to do is hit the button with "<<" next to the "Stop" button. Hitting that button repeatedly will cycle through the errors and warnings. Only errors will stop the build process. What does the error say?

21. dld

dld Registered Member

Hi Mustang... Not very smart of me to post my S\N. There is only one error, but I don't know what the message means, other than I've got a non-bootable BartPE disk.

Error: StarBurn_CdvdBurnerGrabber_VerifyFile() failed, LBA 0, exception 8, status 11986656, text 'CStarBurn_ScsiTransportSPTI::ExecuteCDB(): Command failed'

I've got an Acronis image of my system created when I was able to create a bootable BartPE disk but was getting the error that Acronis could not find my serial number. I can restore my system to that configuration. Then I can try pasting the serial number in the same place on the TI inf file and see what happens.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2007
  22. mustang

mustang Developer

Hi dld,

I don't know why you're getting that error. You could try chaging the Burn Using: option from Star Burn to CD-Record and see what happens.

23. dld

dld Registered Member

Hi Mustang.. It looks like the gremlins are alive and well.

First off I could not let the PE Builder burn the BartPE disk because of the Error: StarBurn_CdvdBurnerGrabber_VerifyFile() failed, LBA 0, exception 8, status 11986656, text 'CStarBurn_ScsiTransportSPTI::ExecuteCDB(): Command failed'

I restored my system to its configuration at the time that I had successfully created a bootable BartPE. I then created an ISO image of the BartPE which did not include the TI S\N. This ISO image I then burned using Nero Express (Disk Image or Saved Project), something I've done many times before. The result was a non bootable BartPE disk. I then tried burning this same ISO image with Alex Feinman's ISO Recorder with the same result. I also tried adding the TI S\N to the TI inf file with the same result, a non bootable BartPE.

BTW, all ISO images were created without any error, the only warning being that this was a Dell OEM Reinstallation disk which might give problems. But this has been taken care of by Fix Dell.

24. mustang

mustang Developer

Hi dld,

I've never used Nero Express. Open Nero Burning Rom and go to the Recorder menu and choose Burn Image. Now point it to pebuilder.iso.

You can also burn the output manually using Nero. Start with Nero Smart Start and choose Make Bootable CD. Change the options on the Boot tab to those in the attached screenshoot. Click on the ISO tab and change the File System to ISO 9660:1999. Click the New button. Then drag all the output from C:\pebuilder\BartPE to the left pane and hit the burn button.

Attached Files:

• Nero.jpg
      Nero.jpg
      File size:
      143.9 KB
      Views:
  25. dld

dld Registered Member

Hi Mustang.. The professional you are. I guess there's something to be said about not cutting corners and using the full potential of Nero. Although my version, 5.5.10.56, is older than yours and I don't have all the options you have, I went through the manual procedure and got this screen:

http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/282/screenshot0752ah.jpg

So it looks like the fixation (whatever that is) was successful only once yesterday when I created a bootable BartPE disk. I'll have to get myself a new burner. It might be a good time to get a CD\DVD combo burner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.