Look 'n' Stop plugins.!

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by Phant0m, Jan 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Hey Lns – customers…

I would be interested in user’s thoughts, care to participate?

I have been always curious why since yr2003 (the beginning) of Look ‘n’ Stop plug-in support, nobody has made or should I say ‘released’ a third-party Look ‘n’ Stop plug-in. - Is it because there are no wants? Naaaa, there is definitely wants; maybe Look ‘n’ Stop firewall product isn’t that appealing to the programmers? Naaaaaa, just teasing …… you Frederic….

I however do think there are many different ways to help and improve the Look ‘n’ Stop product, through its plug-in support.

I have begun doing some Look ‘n’ Stop plug-ins, I have many great ideas, but at the moment I’m interested in yours, and … if yours happens to be interesting by vote, I will add it to my possible to-do list.

I have already released to the public one Look ‘n’ Stop plug-in, Ruleset Validator, and tomorrow morning sometime I’m in hopes to release the next Look ‘n’ Stop plug-in I made, Multi-IP Banlist [IP Banning Zone]… Quick glance can be seen by looking at the attached image, any thoughts on this are also welcome.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 14, 2007
  2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

how many IPs could your Multi-IP Banlist plugin potentially handle?

also it would be interesting if we could use it with Bluetack lists or similar.

as for plugin ideas...maybe a IDS plugin that uses Snort rules.

3. Phant0m

The amount is 10 (1 – 10) rules per standard rule listed on the Look ‘n’ Stop Internet filtering screen, with the current Look ‘n’ Stop design this is a maximum amount per standard rule.

Ouch! A software firewall should never be seen trying to do massive blockings like seen done by hosts files, for that purpose I would recommend a freeware app like PeerGuardian…

There are some restrictions with the Look ‘n’ Stop yr2003 plug-in implementation, I think we basically defined to doing comparisons of packet header information at best…

4. Phant0m

Hey I’m back! And I have come baring gifts … j/k, just … a gift.

Multi-IP Banlist - PluginMultiIP.dll 24.0 KB

OK so… the basics first – creating or editing a rule using a plug-in will there-on out call the plug-in to open/edit that rule.

This plug-in name is kind-of deceiving momentarily, the rules created by this plug-in can be to block multiple IPs, like blocking multiple IP addresses you can permit them as easily by quick toggle of the rule deny/authorize flag.

10 IP addresses per rule is the maximum, and as many rules as your Look ‘n’ Stop application will permit … this all with the current Look ‘n’ Stop design.

You can paste IP address into the field; you can add or delete the IP addresses as you wish…

The number of IP addresses the rule covers will be shown through its rule-name (see below attached image)

The editing of rules with this plug-in is only available to rules with rule-names beginning with ‘Multi-IP Banlist’, so please do take note of that.

Any questions or suggestions, and comments are welcome here on this topic … until an admin or moderator says enough.

Enjoy!

Attached Files:

• AA.gif
      AA.gif
      File size:
      3.1 KB
      Views:
  5. Phant0m

I have returned again baring another gift…

Multi-MAC Banlist - PluginMultiMAC.dll 25.5 KB

enjoy!

Last edited: Jan 14, 2007
  6. Phant0m

Who wants a TCP, UDP Multiple Ports Banlist? :D

7. Thomas M

Thomas M Registered Member

Hey PhantOm,
    Great work! Unfortunately I am too busy at the moment to test your nice tool. Be patient, I'll try later :)
    On the first view it looks much smarter than a simple hosts file block list....

Thomas :)

8. Phant0m

Thanks Thomas M :-*

9. Phant0m

Multi-Port Banlist - PluginMultiPort.dll 24.5 KB

This little different, you can create rules containing up-to 7 specified ports, any TCP or UDP inbound packets with source-ports specified will trigger the rule.

…Enjoy!

Edited: corrected download link that's being problematic with Opera browsers

Last edited: Jan 15, 2007
  10. Phant0m

v1.01 of Multi-IP Banlist is now available through regular download link, it consists of some enhancements. Improved button combinations, and IP fields will only accept IP-valid numeric values, also some other minor changes but the filesize is still the same (24 KB).

Enjoy

11. Phant0m

v1.01 of Multi-MAC Banlist is now available through regular download link, it consists of some enhancements. Improved button combinations, and now only valid MAC addresses are accepted, filesize is 27.5 KB.

Enjoy!

12. Remouald

Remouald Registered Member

Good initiative, I will install them!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.