Need help to fix error

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by horn, Jan 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. horn

horn Registered Member

In my Event Viewer appears Error
    Source: Userenv
    Event ID: 1085
    User: NT AUTHORITY/SYSTEM
    Description:The Group Policy client-side extension Internet Explorer Zonemapping failed to execute.
    In MS totorials found this:
    "User Action
    To troubleshoot the client-side extension failure, do one or all of the following:

Review Event Viewer for events logged by the client-side extension. If events were logged by the extension, use the information in the event description to troubleshoot the problem.
    At the command prompt, type gpupdate, and then check Event Viewer to see whether the Userenv 1085 event is logged again.
    If the client-side extension event descriptions indicate s there was an error loading the extension, finding a particular entry point, or finding the correct registry data, the extension might not be registered correctly on the computer. In that case, re-register the appropriate DLL files by typing regsvr32 at the command prompt. Note that the correct DLL to register depends on the extension. For Group Policy extensions that are included with Windows, the following table lists which DLLs are used by which extension."
    With "gpupdate" nothing .
    Rest to try re-register appropriate dll.files, but I need detailed explanation how I can do it.
    If there is other way to fix this error please let me know.
    Thanks,

2. ravin

ravin Registered Member

3. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

4. horn

horn Registered Member

Thank you for your assistance.
    I already have read EV Tutorial ,but I beware to apply solution which can damage Registry in irreversible way.
    Please note that my case is not as this one :
    “Source: Userenv, ID 1085
    The Group Policy client-side extension IP Security failed to execute. Please look for any errors reported earlier by that extension.”
    For error Event ID; 1085 description is:
    “The Group Policy client-side extension Internet Explorer Zonemapping failed to execute. Please look for any errors reported earlier by that extension.”
    Other tutorials request huge interventions in the Registry , probably because the causes of this error could be more then 5-6.
    I re-register concerned dll.files , but Error 1085 appear again on each new boot.
    In my first post I didn’t mention that besides this Error I have one more:
    Source: Windows Search Service
    Category: Gatherer
    Event ID: 3102
    In Services Windows Search Service is set to Automatic and Run
    I am wondering if mentioned problems could be in connection with IE7 and KIS 6.

5. ravin

ravin Registered Member

6. horn

horn Registered Member

Hi ravin .
    try autorans to check Service problems, buy nothing noticed.
    If this can help to fix a/m problems in my C:\WINDOWS\Debug\UserMode\userenv.log found this for userenv:
    ".N.B. The sequences repeats after each boot, probably, so I delete some od them..

In gpedit.log file found this:
    "GPEDIT(cb0.3c4) 16:15:35:921 CEvents::SaveEventLogEntry: Failed to loadlibrary dll C:\WINDOWS\System32\userenv.dll;C:\WINDOWS\System32\xpsp1res.dll;C:\WINDOWS\System32\xpsp2res.dll with 2"
    Any clue to fix it, please.
    Re Windows Search Service try EV Tutorial for Event ID 3102, but in my File Type tab , there is no .pdf extention to uncheck filtering

Attached Files:

• Log.txt
      File size:
      13.5 KB
      Views:
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2007
  7. ravin

ravin Registered Member

o.k looked at log txt file noticed a few things....will get back to that later. to better understand your situation I assume you are on a domain as a client compter yes? if so you can log on as an administrator and rejoin the network and add a client---it will use prompt saying account allready exists so use the account (basically by re-joining the network it should update gpo's). secondly the thing with the autoruns from sysinternals is to look for file's not found under the everything tab and investigate by right click-search anything that looks odd to you. lastly the log txt file shows some problems with the s- account, which is why rejoining domain should clear gpo problem but not always. keep us posted. hope this is helpful.

8. horn

horn Registered Member

Yes I can log as an Administrator.If understand well, you suggest to create another user besides me (Administartor) and though this new account to try fix GP.
    Run Autorun>Eveything and result is : 4 (four) files not found:
    -@xpsp3res.dll in HKLM\SW\MS\IE\Extentions
    -MEMSWEEP 2 in HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services
    -?| just this ign without any explanation but I guess this is in some connection with Kaspersky KIS in HKLM\SW\MS\Windows NT\CV\Windows\Appint_Dlls and
    - last with only a sign"0" in HKCU\SW\MS\IE\Desktop\Components
    Try to find something in the NET but nothing usefull.
    Checking with SFC /Scannow everything is O.K.

9. horn

horn Registered Member

I'd like to add some more informations.My PC run as Standalone machine.
    Just applied How To Reset Security Settings Back to the Defaults
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=313222#1, but no changes in positive way.Two bloody errors appears again.This become real nightmare for me.

10. ravin

ravin Registered Member

1st file o.k
    -MEMSWEEP is webroots spysweeper and can be deleted
    (if you are not running that service)
    3rd file o.k
    4th file o.k

if unsure and want to be safe make a restore point before deleting files.

11. horn

horn Registered Member

Meanwhile try as follows:
    -Installed and run UPHClean – no changes in Event Viewer
    -Created new User Account (as Administrator)-no change in Normal mode
    -Boot in Safe Mode and with my old User Account got Windows Search Service Error ID: 3102.With new created User Account-no Errors in EV-Application foundAfter return and boot in Normal Mode ,both errors appears in old Account as well as with new created Account.
    Now I have problem how to delete new created Account..There is no “Delete” option. I can delete my old Account but I like to keep it and delete this new created.
    -Run Sfc /Scannow – all O.K.
    -Run ChkDsk
    -Verified Unsigned Device Drivers in Windows XP-Found few Unsigned Drivers only.
    Seems that remains only last solution to reinstall Windows, but I am not secure whether those two errors – their repears are worth of all this efforts.
    Please advice me how to delete this new created Acoount.
    Thanks

12. ravin

ravin Registered Member

when you log into old account go to control panel and then user accounts and remove the new account should work. are you saying it doesn't give option to delete the new account?

also as a side note rather than re-install everything if you have your xp cd -while in the old account insert xp cd and select install when window appears the upper right corner should show recommended upgrade (this is called in place upgrade)

don't give up I know it is tiresome but their are others here as well with plenty of knowledge. we've all been thier before.:cool:

13. horn

horn Registered Member

Re account , this what you say probably is O.K. if you create account as guest, but if account is created as an "administrator", then "delete" option don't egzist.
    To resolve this problem I was forced to restore previously saved image of my XP SP2.
    If understood well, you suggest to upgrade Windows with so called "upgrade in place".
    But in this case I'll lost all Updates , more than 350 MB ?
    can't believe that there is no some other way to fix this two errors.

14. ravin

ravin Registered Member

if system restore is working properly then download group policy management console located here http://www.miccrosoft.com/windowsserver2003/gpmc/default.mspx although for server 2003 system requirements are winxp sp1. run the tool and if things go wrong restore back to before install....
    meantime I will try to get some more info on the errors.

anyone else who may be able to help feel free to jump in.

15. horn

horn Registered Member

downloaded group policy management console, but to install it , i have to previously install .NET.Framework.
    In Windows Update ,as options found two version -1.1 and 2.0.
    Which one is going with GPMC.

16. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

For your reference horn - .NET Framework versioning info:

1.0 to 1.1 - http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/netframework/aa497340.aspx

1.1 FAQ - http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/netframework/aa497323.aspx

1.1 and 2.0 Compatibility - http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnnetdep/html/netfxcompat.asp?frame=true

2.0 to 3.0 - http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/netframework/aa663314.aspx

3.0's relationship to earlier Framework's - http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa480198.aspx

I can't say for sure horn not having read the entire article's but you may need both based on what program's were written by which version and the time state of certain file's onboard. Like anything each of us get involved in, there's alway's plenty of reading. Although I see you've received response on this in another thread, two more that may be of interest ....

GP FAQ - http://technet2.microsoft.com/windowsserver/en/technologies/featured/gp/faq.mspx

GP Troubleshooting - http://technet2.microsoft.com/windowsserver/en/Library/dfe7b84d-8727-4561-9767-ccb47a5bf9ba1033.mspx

GF

17. horn

horn Registered Member

Thanks for help GlobalGorce.
    Already installed both NET.Framework version 1.1 and 2.0 with Updates.
    Dloaded GPMC , but discovered that can not be installed on my machine because
    my PC is configured as "Workgroup" not as Domain.
    Hopefully can be used GPEdit if any.
    Try different hints to fix those two bloody errors, but failed since now.
    Thanks again for your efforts to help me and for the two thread which I'll check.
    Best regards,

18. horn

horn Registered Member

Error ID 3102 sorted removing WDS 3.0.
    Rest Error ID 1085 -Userenv-The Group Policy client-side extension Internet Explorer Zonemapping failed to execute. Please look for any errors reported earlier by that extension.
    Hope in your assistance.

19. horn

horn Registered Member

In attempt to re-register again files listed in MS tutorial, all files re-registered successfully except Software Installation Appmgmts.dll.Received this message:
    "Appmgmts.dll was loaded but the DllRegister Server entry point was not found.
    This file can not be registered"
    Any advice , please.

20. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    After following the chain of errors you're experiencing, I'd advise a reformat and reinstall. I would do that if I faced so many convoluted errors. Even if you solve the specific problems, there's a fair chance that much more hides under the hood. Start fresh, advance slowly... not a bad idea.
    Mrk

21. horn

horn Registered Member

Hello,
    Thanks for your advice Mrk, but this is last solution always on disposal.
    I guess experienced people with high level of knowladge can find solution even for this mine problem.

22. jmatt

jmatt Registered Member

Explanation of Regsvr32 Usage and Error Messages
    http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...ticles/q249/8/73.asp&NoWebContent=1#appliesto
    Dllname was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer or DllUnregisterServer entry point was not found.
    Dllname may not be exported, or a corrupted version of Dllname may be in memory. Consider using Pview to detect the file and remove it.
    PView
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...ry/en-us/vcug98/html/_ASUG_Overview_PView.asp

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.