avg 7.5.0.50 trial vs comodo antivirus 1.1.beta

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by yvesj, Jan 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yvesj

yvesj Registered Member

hi what i like to know is my my trial on thw avg 7.5.0.50.will end in 25 days
    now i was thinking to go with comodo 1.1.beta what do you thing is comodo any good or do you have anyting good to subject to me
    what about comodo firewall is it better then the fire wall supply with free when you by a new xp
    now using
    ad-aware.se
    avg 432 a 861
    avg 7.5.0.50.
    spywareblaster
    yvesjo_O

2. eBBox

eBBox Registered Member

Hi

I wouldent recomend Comodo Antivirus yet. You could try out:
    Antivir Classic, Avast or Avg as your doing. All in free versions and good antivirus applications.

Comodo's firewall is great, but choosing a software firewall depends a lot on your knowlegde. Some are easy to use but with less security than other. If you go comodo, it will take a short time to learn, but you will injoy it. Try it ;)
    Also try out Zonealarm free, Jetico (difficult to learn but very good and light) & Kerio 2.1.5.
    Windows firewall is doing a good job preventing you from outside attacks, but it dosent have outbound protection, so you cant control which programs are allowed to acces the internet.

Btw, do a search on both the firewalls and antivirus applications in here. Theres a lot of info about them :thumb:

Last edited: Jan 2, 2007
  3. yvesj

yvesj Registered Member

thank you this is all i wanted to know i will go do some reading about all of this
    yvesj

4. eBBox

eBBox Registered Member

You are welcome ;) Just ask if more questions have to be revealed :) Good luck in your search

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.