Unable Install 2.7.0.23 - The file "???" header is corrupt

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by SKA, Dec 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SKA

SKA Registered Member

I have 2.7.0.16 on a XP-SP2 system. When use Winrar 3.62(licensed) on the XP installer for 2.7.0.23 to extract
    all files in ndntenst.exe to an empty folder I get this error:

path\ndntenst.exe: The file "o_O" (three ? marks) header is corrupt

I have downloaded the installer many times from eset's site but repeatedly get this error.

Should I delete contents of my old Eset\Install folder ?

I intend to use nod32.xml file and run setup.exe as per Marcos's post in thread on rapid installing Blackspears settings.

Does anyone have a better link/suggestsions ?

Thanks for your time
    SKA

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Do not use WinRAR to extract the files, just run it. WinRAR does not handle digital signature in a proper way.

3. SKA

SKA Registered Member

Dear Marcos

If I just run the ndntenst.exe file how do I use the nod32.xml file that has all the settings ?

Can use what command line argument eg.

ndntenst.exe /cfg <path> nod32.xml

Pls advise - as doing all settings that Blackspear just revised for 2.7 seems too diifcult for me <grin>

SKA

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Extract the files to the eset/install folder and copy nod32.xml there as well. You can then compress all these files with WinRAR unless you intend to install it on Vista.

5. SKA

SKA Registered Member

Thanks Marcos. I'll use these instructions for future installs. Just now I just did as you said , ignored nod32.xml file & just ran the exe & it magically asked me if I wished to keep all my old settings - I said yes & all went fast & smoothly - thanks !

I must say this installer is very (Artificiallly) intelligent - thanks indeed to the Eset Team !

SKA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.