Active Virus Shield (Component Update: lic60.ppl) Update Today

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by DaveD, Dec 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaveD

DaveD Guest

Active Virus Shield said today that it did an engine or component update today that needed the computer to be restarted. The engine was already at 6.0.0.308 and remained that after rebooting.

After examining some files, I noticed that the only file updated relating to Active Virus Shield was lic60.ppl which is 165KB. I do not recall the file size prior to update.

Is there anybody that uses Kaspersky that is familiar with what this component does?

Why would it have required a reboot?

Thanks,
    Dave

2. dan_maran

dan_maran Registered Member

EDIT - I was wrong. ;)

Last edited: Dec 7, 2006
  3. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

No, the network signatures was updated, this requires a reboot.

4. robert l

robert l Registered Member

Does anybody know why every time AVS updates its telling me I have to restart the computer? I'm not sure exactly when it started but its within the last week I think.

I do now have IE7 but I'm not sure if this started at the same time or not, but don't think it did.

If I do a manual update right after restarting it still tells me I have to restart again to install updated components. I have two other computers running it but they don't say I have to restart. They also don't have IE7.

So, I don't want to restart everytime it updates or get the message everytime I turn the computer on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.