How long is the unlimited license good for?

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by Beagz, Nov 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonPaulOnLine

JonPaulOnLine Registered Member

Relax - I Trust Grisoft and use the
    family of products
    And I have 3 Unlimited Lifetime Licenses
    ewido forum june 20 2006 002.jpg

2. Rickster100

Rickster100 Registered Member

Re: Licensing Quotes for Existing "Ewido" License Holders For AVG AS Renewal

Hello Chubb,

One of the Mods must have moved my original thread to here! Anyway, thanks for the clarification on the licensing situation. I was just curious what the renewal fee was going to be so decided to take a look. As yet, I have not yet decided whether to renew my license or not.

Thanks for the info!

Richie

3. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

IMHO, the renewal process of AVG (Ewido) is much more flexible than other software. For example, for CounterSpy, you can only renew 15 days before expiry and you can only renew for one year. Similary, for Safe'n'Sec, you can only renew 5 days before expiry and you can only renewal for one year. For NOD32 and Outpost, your renewal starts immediately the day you purchase the renewal, so you will lose some days if you still have a long time to expire. For AVG (Ewido), the renewal is simply an extension of your key, so that you can renew at anytime you want and renew any number of years you want.

4. smbruce

smbruce Registered Member

Just to let you know that on my renewal reminder email for NOD32 this seems to have been rectified. "If you renew now you can install your new licence immediately for continuous protection, you won't lose any days on your old licence as we'll set your new licence to expire 1, 2 or 3 years after your existing expiry date."

Steve

5. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Perman

That sounds like good advice, but does not aways work in practice.

I have never purchased a Grisoft product, but do now have AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5. o_O

But did purchase Ewido and upgraded to the unlimited licence. :eek:

So no matter who's product you purchase, it can always become somebody product. ;)

Take Care.
    TheQuest :cool:

6. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,folks: you are 100% right on the money. Cyberspace is borderless, and most of rules and orders can not be enforceable. International courthouse is beyond reach. Therefore consumers' wellbeing is at mercy of merchants. It is a jungle out there, and nerver take their words fro granted. After all, buyers beware, and need a good deal of luck. Silence is golden? Perhaps there is a gag order in effect at that power house o_O:isay:

7. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

That's really good news. I activated my new license on 02 Nov 2006 (my previous license expired on 04 Nov) and they added 7 days to my new license as a bonus so that my new license will now expire on 09 Nov 2009.

8. Frank the Perv

Frank the Perv Banned

Are we then all in agreement that the forever license that we purchased from Ewido will be honored?

I hope so.

AVG is a large enough company that I doubt they would want the negative sentiment from the relatively small number who purchased them. But there is a strange silence from Fish and the rest on this matter.

I’m getting ready to finally move on from Ewido 4.0 and update the software.

But my Ewido 4.0 is working and updating fine, and states: “You have an unlimited license for Ewido anti-spyware.”

Is there any reason I should not move on to the AVG software?

9. Frank the Perv

Frank the Perv Banned

I finally transitioned over from Ewido 4.0 to the AVG Anti-Spyware.

Sure enough, as JonPaulOnLine has pointed out, my copy of AVG Antispy-ware clearly states:

I have to admit, I thought AVG was going to TDS-3 all of us lifetime license holders. And I apologize for some unkind statements I made about our Ewido pals on another thread in reference to this issue.

Although, it would have helped tremendously if one of our Ewido pals would have shown up on this thread to resolutely clear things up.

Anyway, the AVG AS is working beautifully. Somehow it scans much faster than Ewido 4.0.

Fish and our Ewido pals did not let us down on the handoff to the corporate behemoth AVG. Cheers to the Ewido dudes.

10. JonPaulOnLine

JonPaulOnLine Registered Member

OK Then all is well

See ,I Know we can trust Grisoft , especially since many customers like myself also started using the AVG Anti Virus
    and we like it

;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.