Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Workstations version 184.108.40.2062 is out!!!
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Workstations is a new comprehensive anti-
virus protection product incorporating latest Kaspersky Lab's technologies. This
product is designed for the use on workstations in the computer networks running
Windows operating system. For remote administration of the product Kaspersky
Administration kit system can be used.
This product incorporates all functionality included into the Kaspersky Lab's
range of personal products 6.0 for Windows. Additionally, this product offers
the following new capabilities:
1. Remote administration support using Kaspersky Administration Kit, namely:
- Remote installation with the ability to select the product's components
and local tasks to be installed and to configure the product's configuration
- Remote installation of key files
- The ability to create a policy that would include settings for all
- Sending the extended set of events to the administration server
- The ability to configure the content of the Support page of the local
- Network quarantine and backup storage support
- Default policy settings minimize the necessity for the user
intervention; the option to completely disable the user interface is available
2. File Anti-Virus
- "Scan mode" setting
- Schedule for pausing the scan and file anti-virus tasks on events
"application start up/exit"
- Resolving the username and the name of the computer from which the
access to infected files is attempted
3. On-Demand Scan Tasks
- "Network iSwift" – a technology for eliminating the need for rescans
throughout the entire network – has been added
- The ability to configure operation in the "Scan for Active Infections"
using the "Disinfect active infections" setting
- All lists have been revised to include the ability to edit components
(scan task objects, exclusion masks, PDM paths, etc.)
- The settings for controlling the system load depending on external tasks
running has been added to all scan tasks
- Quarantine storage scan object has been added
- The start-up objects scan scope has been extended for 64-bit versions of
- The list of batch rules has been revised to include rules for known
- Heuristic capability has been added to he Anti-banner component for
identifying banners not included into the pre-installed lists
6. Proactive protection
- Detection of a number of keyloggers types has been added
- Windows Task Manager protection against malicious dll (that are often
used by rootkit software) has been added
- The ability to perform updates from the Administration Server has been
- An update copying (updating from shared folder) task has been added for
all types of updates (updates of the database, application modules, etc.)
8. General properties
- The ability to use the system environment variables when specifying
objects to be scanned, scan exclusions, Anti-Hacker rules and proactive
protection module has been added
- Protection against programs attempting to go around the protection by
automatic pressing the "Allow" button in the alert boxes has been added
- The ability to register any types of events in the Windows events log
has been added (including the ability to select the type of log - system or user
- Utility for product protection against failures has been revamped: all
processes of the product "monitor" each other and automatically restart closed
- The product's command line interface has been revised
In order to ensure normal operation of Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows
Workstations, the computer must comply with the following minimum
1. General requirements:
- 50 MB of free disk space;
- CD-ROM (for the application installation from a CD)
Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher (in order to update the threats
signature and the application modules via the Internet).
2. Microsoft Windows 98 (SE):
- processor Intel Pentium 133 MHz or compatible
- 64 MB RAM
3. Microsoft Windows ME:
- processor Intel Pentium 150 MHz or compatible
- 64 MB RAM
4. Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Server (Service Pack 6a):
- processor Intel Pentium 133 MHz or compatible
- 64 MB RAM
5. Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional (Service Pack 3 or higher):
- processor Intel Pentium 133 MHz or compatible
- 64 MB RAM
6. Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition or XP Professional (Service Pack 1 or
- processor Intel Pentium 300 MHz or compatible
- 128 MB RAM
7. Microsoft Windows XP 64bit Edition:
- processor Intel Pentium III 800 MHz or compatible
- 512 MB RAM
1. In order to install the product without using Kaspersky Administration Kit,
run the installation file and follow the application installation instruction.
Depending on the product components selected for the installation, the
application may or may not request that you restart the operating system at the
final stages of installation.
If you have beta-versions of Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0, Kaspersky Internet Security
6.0 or Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Workstations installed on your computer,
it is required to delete these versions before product installation.
2. In order to install the product using Kaspersky Administration Kit, perform
the following steps:
- Install the new version of Kaspersky Administration Kit Server on the
computer selected for this purpose.
- Install a new version of Network Agent on the remote workstations if a
previous version is currently installed.
- Install the application plugin for the administration system
- Create the remote installation (deployment) package in the
administration system by selecting kav6.kpd file in the installation folder.
- When creating a deployment package, specify the license key that must be
obtained by visiting http://www.kaspersky.ru/activate; in order to do it,
specify beta activation key for the product, fill out the form and download the
key file on the next page or order the key file to be e-mailed to you.
- Create a deployment task with default settings, after which you can
alter the installation task settings (delete the pre-installed tasks and select
the components to be installed)
- Run the remote deployment task.
3. The product can be installed over the following previous currently installed
versions of Kaspersky Lab's products:
Kaspersky AntiViral Toolkit Pro 3.5
Kaspersky Anti-Hacker 1.0-1.5
Kaspersky Anti-Hacker 1.7-1.9
Kaspersky Anti-Spam Personal 1.0
Kaspersky Anti-Spam Personal 1.1-1.2
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 4.x
Kaspersky Anti-Virus Lite 4.õ
Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal 5.0
Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal Pro 5.0
Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows Workstation 5.0
As far as possible the settings of these products will be preserved.
4. During the installation Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Workstations
automatically detects the following versions of the products and requests that
these products are uninstalled (using standard Windows tools) as they, if run
at the same time with the product being installed, may slow down the computer
(or even cause its failure):
Agnitum Outpost Firewall 1.0
Agnitum Outpost Firewall 1.0 SDK
Agnitum Outpost Firewall Pro 2.1
Agnitum Outpost Firewall 2.5
Agnitum Outpost Firewall 2.x
Agnitum Outpost Firewall Pro 3.*
Aluria Security Center
AVG Anti-Virus 6
Avira AntiVir 6
Avira AntiVir 6.3
BitDefender Free Edition
BitDefender Internet Security
CA eTrust Antivirus v.7
DrWeb for Windows 4.30
DrWeb AntiVirus 4.33
DrWeb CommuniGate Plugin 4.33
DrWeb AntiVirus for Windows Servers 4.33
EarthLink Protection Control Center
eTrust EZ Antivirus 2005
eTrust EZ Firewall 2005
Computer Associates eTrust Antivirus 7.1
F-Prot Antivirus 6
F-Secure Anti-Virus 2006
F-Secure Anti-Virus Client Security 6
G DATA AntiVirusKit 2005
G DATA Software AntiVirenKit 2006
Kerio Personal Firewall 4
Kerio WinRoute Firewall 6
Lavasoft Personal Firewall 1.0
America Online Antivirus (Powered by McAfee)
McAfee Desktop Firewall 8.0
McAfee VirusScan Professional v8
McAfee VirusScan Home Edition
McAfee VirusScan Professional Bonus Pack
McAfee VirusScan Enterprise (ver 8.0i)
McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 7.0
Symantec Norton AntiVirus 2004 Professional
Symantec Norton AntiVirus 2005
Norton Internet Security Professional
Symantec Norton Internet Security 2005
Norton Internet Security
NOD32 Antivirus System
Norman Virus Control
Symantec AntiVirus 10
Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition 7.5
Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition 8
Symantec Client Security 9
Norton AntiVirus Professional Edition
Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition
Panda AntiVirus 2004
Panda Platinum Internet Security 2005
Panda AntiVirus 2006
PC-cillin AntiVirus 2002
PC-cillin AntiVirus 2003
PC Tools AntiVirus
Steganos Internet Anonym Pro 7
Symantec Server Alert Management 10
Tiny Firewall Pro 6.0
Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security 2005
Trend Micro OfficeScan Client
Trend Micro PC-cillin AntiSpam Pilot
ZoneAlarm with Antivirus 5.5
ZoneAlarm Anti-Virus 6
ZoneAlarm Pro 5.5
ZoneAlarm Wireless Security 5.5
ZoneAlarm Security Suite 5.5
Zone Labs Imsecure
5. The product can be installed using Remote Desktop Connection. In this case,
it is necessary to disable product self-defense in installation package settings.
6. The product can be installed with the help of Group Policy Objects. The order
of actions during such installation is described in the corresponding section of
Kaspersky Lab knowledge base.
Known Problems and Troubleshooting
1. Remote product installation via Kaspersky Administration Kit in silent mode is impossible on computers running Windows XP x64 (14352).
2. Product self-defense should be disabled in the settings of its installation package in case of product deployment via a Remote Desktop Connection.
3. The "Monitor all ports" setting should not be used while creating a policy via Kaspersky Administration Kit for the product on computers running Windows 9x as that will cause network access problems (1427.
4. Anti-Spam plug-in for Microsoft Office Outlook does not load after synchronization with a smartphone. In order to restore normal functionality of the plug-in, you should disconnect the smartphone from the computer and restart Microsoft Office Outlook (947.
5. Scanning of SSL (encrypted) HTTP traffic does not function on computers running Windows 9x (14386).
6. When using a trial key, an accidental change of date on the user's computer may cause a premature expiration of the license period.
7. Scanning files will very long paths (more than 400 characters) can cause the program to crash under Windows 98 (15777).
8. To attempt the installation procedure again if an installation attempt has been interrupted already, you must restart your computer (15707).
9. The system library rundll32 may lock up when the changing WindowsBlinds skin (15139).
10. When a policy is applied for the first time after remote installation of the product, the settings that are not locked by this policy can be overwritten by the Setup Wizard. This is most possible for Windows 9x systems. Therefore, protect important settings from changes by using the lock icon (15913).
11. Before changing the list of installed components using the Administration Console, please remove the previous version (15487).
12. Default exclusions in the trusted zone are invalid for Windows XP x64 systems. To enable the exclusions, disable scanning encrypted traffic in the product settings. (1588.
Checking the Program Operation
1. Download test virus eicar.com (ftp://ftp.kaspersky.com/utils/eicar/ ) and
save it to your hard drive. If the File Anti-Virus is enabled, you will receive
a warning message.
2. Open http page http://www.eicar.com/anti_virus_test_file.htm and try to
download file eicar.com.txt using a link at the bottom part of the page. If the
Web Anti-Virus is enabled, you will receive a warning message.
The product has been tested with the following hardware and software
1. Desktop computers:
Intel P3 800-1000
Intel P4_32 1700 – 3000 c/áåç HT
Intel P4_64 3000-3200
Intel Celeron MMX 300 – C4 - 2660
Intel Duo, Core 2 Duo
Toshiba Satellite 50xx Series
SONY VAIO PCG 9G
HP Omnibook 6000 Series
+ Wireless-àäàïòåðs LinkSys WPC11, D-Link DWL650
3. minimal RAM:
Windows 9x, NT4 - 64mb RAM
Windows 2k, XP(32) - 128mb RAM
Windows XP(64) - 512mb RAM
4. Peripheral devices:
Video: ATi; NVidia GeForce 6
HDD: IDE è SATA
LAN: Intel Pro 100/1000, 3Com Gigabit, Realtek 8139, Asustek Broadcom 440x, Marvel Yukon Gigabit; D-Link DFE530
iOmega ZIP, iOmega Jazz, USB-äèñêè ZIV
Microsoft Windows 98 SE
Microsoft Windows ME
Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 4.0 (Service Pack 6a
Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional (Service Pack 3, 4)
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition è XP Professional (Service Pack 1, 2)
Microsoft Windows XP 64-bit Edition
1. Use Kaspersky Lab's forum at http://forum.kaspersky.com/ to discuss problem
and suggestions related to Kaspersky Lab's products and technologies.
2. Use Virus Encyclopedia at http://viruslist.com to obtain detailed information
about malware and methods of protection against it.
3. Check announcements at the Kaspersky Lab's corporate website at
Re: Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Workstations version 220.127.116.112 is out!!!
Does anybody know if AOL Active Virus Shield typically keeps up with these engine updates?
|« Previous Thread | Next Thread »|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|