Failed Registration during installation

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by gana, Oct 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gana

gana Registered Member

PLz could u help me out with the problem wen i tried 2 register my acronis true image during installion it kept comin up failed registration plz try again.........plz help asap...........

thnfz...............

gana

Last edited: Oct 31, 2006
  2. gana

gana Registered Member

Re: FAILED REGISTRATION DURING INSATALLION

PLZ HELP.............

3. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

What error message did you see?

Your serial number is not correct?

Can you post a screenshot what is failed?

4. gana

gana Registered Member

ITS A TRAIL VERSION AND I'M TRYIN 2 INSTALL IT BUT REGISTRATION KEEPS FAILIN..........

5. hgratt

hgratt Registered Member

I had this problem recently when trying out ATI for a friend. They had Norton Security Suite on their machine and it was blocking the sending out of any information (without notifying the user).

Try stopping any software firewall or internet security apps from running and see if that allows the registation process to complete.

Harvey

6. devshb

devshb Registered Member

I saw that posting too, and all the other posts from support mentioning the same thing, and it scared the life out of me.
    no way I'm going to disable my firewall just to get a product to work; I'd either like a link to a download that works, or I'll go get something else instead.

7. hgratt

hgratt Registered Member

FWIW, if a software firewall is blocking the registration and does not notify the user that it is blocking it, then I would fault the software firewall. You should be able to configure the firewall to pass info that you want it to pass and to notify you when it is blocking traffic (until you tell it not to).

Just my opinion.
    Harvey

8. devshb

devshb Registered Member

possibly, but if that's the case then millions of other users will be having the same problem; I don't think the problem is with the firewall (norton in my case), I think it's a misleading error message and also a bogus solution (the proposed solution doesn't work anyway).

If I'm to guess whether it's norton or Acronis that's at fault, my money's on Acronis being at fault, especially as other software I've installed (and there's a lot of them) have worked fine.

9. hgratt

hgratt Registered Member

Maybe. All I'm reporting is a similar registration failure which was solved by temporarily disabling NIS.

Harvey

10. act8192

act8192 Registered Member

Disabling a firewall, while simple to do, is never adviseable, is overkill IMHO, and should not be necessary. A decent security applications normally have switches which can be set for desireable sites to permit outgoing information. Think about it - you never want your information to leave the computer. Except in few instances - Microsoft's genuine advantage pest, and registrations. At that time only, simply permit it, then shut it off again. I use Zone Alarm suite, and that's what I do, on the fly. Get an alert, change ZA, get things done, change it back. That's it. No fuss.

11. devshb

devshb Registered Member

indeed; the last posting is a good one. In the end (and this is *only* because one of my colleagues recommended acronis, otherwise I wouldn't have done it)....i bit the bullet and disabled norton completely (disabling the firewall didn't do the trick; I had to disable everything), got past the registration screen, then re-enabled norton again.

I did get a private message from acronis with a link to the file that worked, but got that too late, and I still don't understand why, if acronis know this is a problem, they don't simply change their download link to point to the file that works.

I just hope that nobody hacked into my pc during the short time everything was disabled. It's scary having to do that, but in the end I thought it was worth the risk simply because I don't have any other software which does a full backup properly and I needed to get a backup done urgently.

12. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

It would have been advisable to have disconnected the PC from the internet or network, whilst experimenting with the install, if able to get to either the RJ45 plug or the modem/router power supply.

Colin

13. Unit01

Unit01 Registered Member

Possible but given the fact that the disabled time should have been less then a minute, and from what I recall, an XP SP2 box without firewall takes on average 2 minutes 48 to hack if its found (not sure on these figures, did a quick google, but didn't find the mob who did the testing) its not likely.

As for posting a link to a file that works, the one on their site does work, its worked for me countless times of installing the trial in various situations and network configurations.

It boils down to the security BEFORE Acronis gets to the internet. This is not a short fall on behalf of Acronis to access the net, more over your internet security program not notifying you of an outgoing connection attempt. If it did notify you of the outgoing connection attempt, it would have allowed you to click on the lil 'allow' button to get the registration through, without disabling Norton.

Simple as that.

14. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

gana: If the issue with installation of the free trial version of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home because of the inability to pass the registration screen still persists, please send us a Private Message and we will provide you with the download link for the free trial version of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home that does not require the online registration.

devshb: please find my reply to your questions in this thread you have started.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

15. jpsj

jpsj Registered Member

"Failed To Register Product" Error

I am having the same issue with True Image 10. The "Failed To Register" error is happening. Do you have a link for this product as well?

~ Moved from Other Acronis Products Forum - Menorcaman ~

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2007
  16. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Pretty sure that it is a firewall issue. In any event, you can PM Acronis and they'll send you alink to a Trial version that doesn't have the on-line registration requirement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.