How do you boot from the bootable CD?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by David07666, Oct 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David07666

David07666 Registered Member

I'm brand new to TI and just installed the trial version of TI 10. I created my bootable CD without problem and want to test it -- how do I boot from it? I assume that just putting it in my CD and rebooting won't do it. I can't find a reference to this in Acronis' documentation and couldn't find it on this forum
    Thanks in advance

2. Tommy

Tommy Registered Member

Exactly. If your PC should not start from the boot CD, make sure that in your Bios the boot sequence is set to look first into your CD-Rom, before trying to start via your hard disc.

3. David07666

How do I do that?

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

when u start/turn on your computer it should tell you the keys to press for accessing the BIOS. some common keys are Delete and F2.

after that u have to look for a setting relating to "boot sequence" or anything similar. then change the first boot device to your cdrom, save the bios and exit.

5. [suave]

[suave] Registered Member

David07666, when you first turn on your PC, there should be something that says Press F1 to go into the bios.

Or something like that. It is not always F1 though. Sometimes it's DEL or some other F-Button.

You should see some kind of message telling you what to press.

Once your in the bios you can set the boot sequence order. Put your CD-rom drive in the 1st slot and then have the hard drive in the second slot.

Hope this helps.

Edit: WSFuser beat me to it :D

6. David07666

That worked, thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.