Purchase of Port Explorer and no serial

Discussion in 'Port Explorer' started by Kostan, Oct 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kostan

Kostan Registered Member

I purchased Port Explorer PE Home unlimited and paid for it 6 hours ago and I have received no Serial number.
    I e-mailed sales and support but no reply.
    I tried to pm Wayne but he has exceeded his quota!!!
    Please can anyone help

2. Red Dawn

Red Dawn Registered Member

They are in a totally different time zone m8, so I'd give it some time. I remember it took me about 2 days before my info came in.. You'll get it, just takes time as it's a small company and all I'm guessing..

:D

3. Kostan

Kostan Registered Member

Hi Red Dawn,

thanks for the reply,I quite understand what you say (different time zone, small company etc) but I thought all the purchasing etc is done electronically, on-line and no human interacts.

I just received an e-mail (reply) from sales but still no serial, all they told me is something about regenerating the order and an error.

There is nothing I can do but just wait.

It is true that this is what Internet does to people, sometimes it makes us hasty and impatient and we forget the natural barriers (geographical location etc...) but on the other hand a well known company like DiamondCS regardless of it's size should be prepared even for accidents (computer errors) this does not include electricity failure and or other natural disasters.

I wonder how come in payment procedures there is never an error (cc charged within seconds)o_O?

I cann't wait to see what DiamondCS's official reply is for all these.

4. Kostan

Kostan Registered Member

Half a day gone and still no serial number.

This is unbelievable for a company that advertises accuracy etc..:thumbd:

5. Kostan

Kostan Registered Member

16 hours after the purchase:rolleyes: and while the payment process took less than5 seconds, I have not received the serial for PE.

I e-mailed DiamondCS with an 1 hour ultimatum, deliver or I cancel.

Your forum is also half to blame for not notifying or at least warning prospective customers about the inconsistency of DiamondCS.
    Don't tell me this is the first time it happened!!!!

I was very close to posting a thread with a much worse title but I respect myself and the agreement I signed when I became a member in this forum.

Just a question for Mr Wilder's, do you endorse or condone this kind of behaviour by a known company?

As for the company itself I am very sorry I thought they deliver on time and not put me on the waiting list,excellent service you guys :rolleyes:

6. Kostan

Kostan Registered Member

Reply received and I didn't cancel the purchase.

Now everything is up to Wayne :thumb:

I only hope that PE is worth all these.

Imagine that this is my second on-line purchase since 2001 (first time I used the Internet), the other one was with BillP studios (WinPatrol) excellent service.

The only 2 sites I trust Paul Laudanski's castlecops and Paul Wilder's wilderssecurity.
    This time with the 2nd Paul I was not very lucky...

7. turion

turion Registered Member

Talking about impatience, i once had to wait for more than 24 hours before i received an email with the serial from a different company. It's not like you are even waiting while you are sleeping at night. The order took place, which is electronically and fast, but sending serials still requires human interactions.
    Things like timezone, checking whether the cash has been received etc all takes time. Like Red Dawn said it took him 2 days to receive it. Instead of spamming the forum get a life. I think it's reasonable to complain again if you haven't received it after 2 days of purchase.

8. Kostan

Kostan Registered Member

Hi turion,

thank you for the compassionate post.

The process of purchasing PE and receiving the serial number is automated and there was an error, there was no human intervention, I wish there was and that is what I am asking for in DiamondCS's official forum, I am not spamming.
    I would be spamming if I posted in another forum or in other threads.o_O

Wayne's pm is full and all I did is post the problemthinking this might help.

You are right though, all I can do is wait and start worrying in a few hours if I get no reply, I hope we don't come to that, donn't you?

9. Hermescomputers

Hermescomputers Registered Member

As long as the "Trial" is still working until you get the Serial key you are not left with ur pants down on your ankles...

10. turion

turion Registered Member

LOL nice said Hermes, anyway i hope you receive your serial asap. It's just a little harsh to say DiamondCS sucks just because of some "delays" also no need to worry it's not like these guys will rip you off or something :cool: have a little trust

11. Kostan

Kostan Registered Member

Hermescomputers and turion,

I think I have been misunderstood, I didn't say the programme does not work or that they are trying to rip me off.

I am posting at DiamondCS's "official forum" to solve my problem since their sales e-mail reply system ...., I better not say anything....

I just said and I repeat myself they do not deliver as they advertise

*The quoted part is from DiamondCS's site

12. Red Dawn

Red Dawn Registered Member

I think the serial part is done by someone at DCS.. Of course the payment issue is all automated, no issues really there unless your card get's kicked or something, but, I'm almost certain the unlock code and key are done by someone which can take some time. Maybe it's their way of stopping the product from being spread all over the place with a general key or crack, who knows, but the app is worth the pain, IMHO, and as stated you'll get your key, DiamondCS for some reason has slowed down a bit through the year, maybe downsize hit them, and they have fewer people to work the process. Good luck m8..

13. Kostan

Kostan Registered Member

Goodmorning Wayne,

this is day 2 and Mr Coe's e-mail (from sales), said one hour ago ,that all you have to do is push a button and re-process the order ,so I can get the serial but still nothing...I am still waiting...

14. Disciple

Disciple Registered Member

15. Kostan

Kostan Registered Member

Re: Purchase of Port Explorer and no serial (ok)

Day 3 Bingo - 2 minutes ago e-mail from DiamondCS and ..............the Serial appeared. The purchase adventure is over.

16. Kostan

Kostan Registered Member

A lesson I learned the hard way "Read the forum's appropriate posts before you purchase PE"

It took this guy 11 days!!!

I Consider myself very lucky, only 3 days.

But why DCS, why?? o_O

Too bad because it is an excellent program:thumb:

I was really furious ,:mad: Hermescomputers tried to cheer me up "..you are not left with ur pants down on your ankles...":)

So, for anyone out there wanting to buy PE remember, minimum delivery time for your key 2 days maximum 11.

Don't worry be happy "get a life" as turion said.:)

Administrators could help, (although I am still waiting for Paul to reply to my pm), why don't you make a sticky with the title PE purchasing?;)

You are not going to hurt anybody but instead you will help, ask DCS sales they know:cool:

The end...

17. iNsuRRecTioN

iNsuRRecTioN Registered Member

Hey,

lol, this is very bad and laughable!

DCS should shame about themselves.

Claim that you get your unlock key immediately and then this! :thumbd:

That is really unbelievable, they should improve that soon or change their claim and be honest and inform the user, that it will take about 2 days to get the unlock key, after purchase..! :cautious:

best regards,

iNsuRRecTiON

18. vineyard1

vineyard1 Registered Member

I purchased around 1 pm my time on Nov 8 - been 48 hours - no unlock code. I have a log on/member id and password. On the members page where you can download all the software you've purchased it's just empty, like I never purchased anything. But I can log on . . . . geez around and around. I got some emails saying they think it might sorta be a servero_O I reinstalled the download of the trial version and now it says I have 27 days and 42 more executions, where before it was zero . . . I guess that's better than paying them two days ago and having no executable at all . . . .are you sure this software is good? It seems to work well, but if getting the unlock code, promised "immediately" is any indication of quality and ability, I can't help but wonder if my money isn't just Gone with the Wind . . .

19. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Something is terribly wrong at DiamondCS. None of us know what it is or if it is reversable or what. It is a small company. Maybe Wayne is very ill. He hasn't posted in ages except for the one post about the update for Port Explorer. That his PM box is overflowing is a red flag ....given everything else that has happened with DiamondCS in the past year or so. I don't have Port Explorer but I do have and love ProcessGuard but each day that comes and goes with no support in the forum is another nail in what looks to be PG's coffin. :(

20. yaya

yaya Guest

i would like to buy another license for PG but i won't waste my money until DCS respond to the recent problematic threads such as this one and
    new process terminator "SPT"
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=148713
    "Process Guard is letting me down " (the Comodo tests and pcflanks)
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=151346

unless DCS shows PG is still under active development SSM will probably be the way to go for me as this thread ( https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=152380 ) suggested...

21. Orionizer

Orionizer Registered Member

I, too have the same problem - the registration email said something to the effect of "error generating serial number - please contact sales". This was about 11 hours ago (yes, I understand the time zone difference).

I did go and create my "Members Area" account, but no purchased products are showing up...

22. Orionizer

Ok, it's been 2 days now and still no reply to my email... :mad:

23. vineyard1

vineyard1 Registered Member

Re: Purchase of Port Explorer and no serial - 8 days no word

It's November 16 and still no serial. Purchase made on the 8th. I think Diamond CS must be done. It looks like a good product, too bad they've abandoned the business. Do you folks think it's worth the wait? Is there ANY OTHER similar software out there?

24. Orionizer

I'm not sure, but I believe I'm going to request a refund and start looking elsewhere...

25. 'G'

'G' Registered Member

My PM to wayne:

Wayne, I'm not going to place anything on the forum as this would add to bad publicity.

I'm in no rush. I have PG and wanted to support you further so I purchased PE.

When you get the time can you send the serial over as it has been nearly 2 weeks now.

I know you are busy so do whatever you have to do first ok.

Your software is some of the best I have, and have software tested, so I hope you will continue.

All the best mate,
    Gavin

The problem is I cannot send it as Wayne's PM box has exceeded its limit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.