True Image 10 build 4871: Bug with "Activate Recovery Manager and Vista"

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jeremyotten, Oct 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeremyotten

jeremyotten Registered Member

When I activate the recovery manager trough Vista is asks me to reboot.

At the reboot Acronis "linux" part loads and creates the F11 boot section ( this is different to earlier version because then some kind of pre windows boot environment did al this)

After it is created it reboots my system again an I get this warning:

==========================================================
    Windows Boot Manager

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:

1. Insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer
    2. Choose your language settings, and then click "Next"
    3. Click "Repair your Computer"

If you do not have this disc, contact you administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

File: \Windows\system32\winload.exe

Info: the selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt.

Its Vista RC2

Acronis PLEASE FIX..

OTHERS: can you also confirm this??

2. jeremyotten

Just to correct this thing:

this is the reason why it didn't work:

1. I also had a harddrive installed on a Highpoint Raid system.
    2. I hadn't installed the driver in windows
    3. When true Image booted to linux to make the Recovery Manager F11 it saw the Highpoint as Disk 1.
    4. So i tested the same thing when I installed the driver in windows....
    5. Now everything went ok! de secure zone was created and I didn't get the error.

Just 1 little bug remained because the secure zone was there but the F11 option wasn't activated I had to do this again by hand from True Image in windows. Then Everything was fine!!

UPDATE: There is also another little bug.

1. When you create the secure zone you can specify a password but you can also answer one of the questions specified which you can use when you have forgot the password.
    2. this "forgot the password" question is NOT asked when you Press F11 and chose the option. Then you can only put in a password... if you forgot the password you will not GET IN!!. But inside with the right password and when you want to store an image to the secure zone... HEEYY there also the forgot the password option!

In my humble opinion this "forgot the password option" should also be applied right after the F11 boot selection!

Acronis please fix this minor "bug"

3. jeremyotten

OK here we are AGAIN!

Still have the SAME Problem only now in a different situation

I have 2 images 1 for Windows Vista (FINAL) 1 for Windows XP. When I know restore XP all is OK. When I then restore Vista from TI 10 Home resque disk or any other version I get the above error.

Which I can only fix by booting Vista CD en chose repair. 2 seconds later its repaired and boots again.

The images are restored from USB Drive.

Acronis Please fix this behavior!!

4. jeremyotten

Extra INFO:

When Vista did the repair it gave me this detailed info:

The Following startup option will be repaired:
    Name: Microsoft Windows Vista
    Identifier: {B65F8BCC-BE92-1243-B707-EB5C363D11BF}
    Windows Device: Partition=Not Found

So acronis there is a little bug in the imaging software when you restore a vista image over an older system like windows xp

Please FIX!

5. pascal51

pascal51 Registered Member

Hi,

I'm experiencing the EXACT same problem here with VISTA RTM. Have you solved this yet ? The only way to make it work right today is to get through the repair process which is a real pain.

Thanks,

Pascal

6. jeremyotten

When you have a system with just a C: drive and no D: etc.... so no partitioning it will work... otherwise .. not :-(

7. LeChuck

LeChuck Registered Member

Workaround: Do not any partitionning with Vista Installer, and it will work.
    => When installing Vista, do not delete the existing partition. But you are still allowed to format it.

8. creeping.death

creeping.death Registered Member

What's the language of your TI10 build 4871 versions? I'm asking because the English versions of build 4871 are listed as compatible to Vista while the German version still needs a "Vista-technology-update"?
    But funny thing is that the German version has the same build number!?

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello everyone,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please notice that this is the known issue, and it has already been fixed in the new build. It will soon be available for download on Acronis official website. I'm sorry, but at the moment the exact time-frame for that is not decided yet.

As for the “Forgot the password” option, please note that I have forwarded this issue to our Development Team. Most likely, it will be fixed in one of the further builds of Acronis True Image. Thank you for helping us to make Acronis software better!

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

10. Acronis Support

Hello creeping.death,

Please notice that the current version of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home (both english and german) is not offically certified by Microsoft to use with Microsoft Windows Vista. As soon as it will be certified Acronis will release a new build.
    Please note, however, that current version of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home can still be installed and used under Microsoft Windows Vista.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Last edited: Feb 5, 2007
  11. creeping.death

creeping.death Registered Member

It can be installed and used, but my restored partition isn't bootable.

Error message:

Windows Boot Manager

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:

1. Insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer
    2. Choose your language settings, and then click "Next"
    3. Click "Repair your Computer"

If you do not have this disc, contact you administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

File: \Windows\system32\winload.exe

12. oceann23

oceann23 Registered Member

I also have the same problem under the same exact cercumstanses.

Windows Vista Business edition was backup beautifully but when restoring
    the partition I get the same message. I just bought Acronis in hopes it would work as the retail box does say it works for Vista! What the hell is that.

When a box says working for Vista you would think they would actually test imaging and Recovery not just the Install and functional aspects within the Vista OS,

Com on this is Bare Metal backup Software, It should do what is marked on the box. I hope this build they are referring to comes out before I get frusted with Acronis Software.

I switched from Ghost to Acronis and as of right now I am beginning to think it was a very baddddddd idea........................

Not a happy camper right now.......

File:\ Windows \ systems32\windload.exe

Windows failed to start

I just installed all my programs and drivers and everything and got Vista perfect before the image, and now I cannot recover it....................

I will repair for now in hopes it works but boy does this make me pissed off!
    I spent almost a whole day installing drivers and files and programs

13. SBacklin

SBacklin Registered Member

Geez, that would've been nice to know before hand. LOL I find it kind of funny and odd at the same time that Acronis will release a new build when it is certified by Microsoft to use under Vista. That means the current builds must have issues with Vista. Yet, right below that you mention that the current version can be installed and used in Vista.

14. Acronis Support

Hello everyone,

Would like to let you know the latest build 4940 of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home (4942 for the German version) includes the fix for the above issue. You can download the latest build in the "Product Update" section of your account. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

15. Acronis Support

Hello jeremyotten,

Please notice that the misplacement of the "Forgot the password" option was fixed. The fix will be included into one of the next builds of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home.

You may checkmark the following two items: 'Notify me about critical updates for my registered products' and 'Notify me about upgrades for my products' under Subscriptions section of your account on Acronis web site to receive information about release of new build.

EDIT: changed the information about build containing the fix.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Last edited: Mar 20, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.