right click scan?

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by hmlomez, Oct 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hmlomez

hmlomez Guest

Hi im using TDS 3.20 and i noticed i dont have the ability to right click a file and scan it, but i kind of remember having this option before ( maybe im using a older version that doesnt include it) or do you have to implement it urself, or could it be because my systems been actin up lately ( i deleted some files and now windows installer pops up everytime i start up tds even after i reinstalled it and i have to hit cancel to get tds to start. any ideas would be helpful thanks

2. beetlejuice

beetlejuice Registered Member

Hi hmlomez. When you right-click on a file does a menu pop up that says, "Scan with TDS-3?" If so then you have it available. I just tried mine and it worked fine. I looked and didn't see any check boxes in the Configuration or Scan Configuration menu.
    Saw your new post while editing this one. Version 3.2.1 is the Final version of TDS-3. (with right click scan). Version 4 coming soon and even better!! :D

3. hmlomez

hmlomez Guest

I guess i was using version 3.2.0 and it DID NOT have right click scan available but i went to tds site and downloaded the latest one which i think is 3.2.1 and it had it is it suppose to be this way ?

4. beetlejuice

beetlejuice Registered Member

Read post #2 above. I was editing it and it got in front of your last one.

5. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

We had a script too to add the rightclick scan (before the latest TDS final came) which script might be in the UserSubmitted scripts by Allan,which adds the necessary registry entries for that purpose too.
    The final TDS version should add the rightclick correctly too, like in your case sounds successfull too!

6. hmlomez

hmlomez Guest

thanks, so this script comes preinstalled with tds 3.2.0 or where can i find this, also what would be the benifits of using 3.2.1 over 3.2.0 anything significant??

7. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

3.2.1 is an update for 3.2.0 with some fixes and additions. Mind that the exe has not changed so when starting TDS will still show the version 3.2.0; only in the Add/remove you'll see 3.2.1
    Many users had the right click scan already with 3.2.0 for those who hadn't the script in the scripts\user submitted (the scripts are separately downloadable from the site) but which is unnecessary if you have 3.2.1 installed, unless it still didn't work for you or you uninstalled the rightclick scan with another script and want it back now with running the install rightclick script.
    Does it work for you already?

8. hmlomez

hmlomez Guest

Ok its there with tds 3.2.1 :)
    but another reason i aked about the versions difference is because of my friend he wants to know if its really worth the upgrade or if he should just stick with 3.2.0 , like if theres any additional security additions like better exec protection or detection?

9. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

If he is using the older 3.2.0 and not the 3.2.1 nor the latest Final fixed 3.2.1 he better does get the current one, as over the older 3.2.0 are several fixes.
    In add/remove he can see which version is installed at the moment.
    If he decides to install the new version, first remove the Exec protection via TDS and close it.
    You might like to save personal data files (configuration, scripts, configuration, not to forget the scan text files if you edited those, radius database to save a d/l, keyfile) to a safe place, uninstall TDS, install the new download in the same folder, install also the new download for the scripts from the site, copy your saved files back, reboot, start TDS and see if all is ok and install exec protection again.
    It's a little extra work for added security.
    Between the 3.2.1 and Final (fixed) is not much difference and if all works fine for existing users i think it depends on your time if you do want to take the trouble.
    It repairs some links, the F5 button will bring you to the TDS forum again like before, etc., some smaller fixes but no real big things for security if i remember well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.