Does NOD32 have any issues with IE7?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by ejr, Oct 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ejr

ejr Registered Member

I am running NOD32 on my system (Windows XP home, Internet Explorer 6). Everything is going smoothly.

I am considering upgrading to IE7.

1. Is upgrading a good idea?
    2. Will this create any problems for NOD?
    3. Do I need to turn off NOD to install? Or are there any other precautions I should take before installing IE7?

Thanks in advance for your input!

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

I can only speak so far of the IE RC1 version and I have had no issues so far.
    I firmly believe in Microsofts suggestion concerning anti-malware as it relates to IE 7 installation.

http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/10/11/IE7-Installation-and-Anti_2D00_Malware-Applications.aspx

3. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

I never had a problem with IE7 and NOD32, not even when I installed it :)

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

But it is strongly suggested that ejr thinks well before installing IE7 .
    Although it is RC , this is still unfinished product . You can't expect from it to be perfect and still the possibility of damage remains

5. hilbillygreek

hilbillygreek Registered Member

If you end up with problems, it easy to uninstall usind Add/Remove & revert back to IE6.

6. Ngwana

Ngwana Registered Member

1. If your system is a non misssion crtical PC you may upgrade to check out the features of IE 7 but there is no harm waiting for the final version.

2. So far I have not noticed any problems even during the 'early beta' versions of IE.

3. I do not think you must disable NOD, the installation goes through a song-and-dance routine of validation of your copy of OS, scanning for malware, and loading more files. I am aware of Spyware Doctor causing problems, if you got it disable it first. :D

7. Brian N

Yep, there's tons of different hardware setups around, so you may run into errors etc. But it works fine on my system with AMON enabled when installing.

True. It even reverts back to IE6 automatically when uninstalling.

8. ASpace

ASpace Guest

@ BrianN

I can say nothing , I am not using IE7 ,but I have had only problems with IE7 beta 2 and I am not installing it again . :ouch: It "ate" some computers:ouch: but I will not run into details , it is NOD32 support forum .

NOD32 will most likely have no issues with IE7 but my post was mosly reffered to the fact users should be careful with BETA and non-finished products :shifty: :thumb:

9. Brian N

I would suggest the same. If you have important data on your pc and you try out a beta ... not a good coctail :)

10. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I once read a statement that said "never buy a version 1 of anything." While I don't think that really applies alot anymore, I think that with Microsoft betas you would do well to wait until the final copy comes out and then wait some more until they send out a decent amount of patches and fixes. I don't want to be a Microsoft guinea pig running their betas and dealing with the problems for them to fix on the fly. Some people like Google can put out a beta and you can download it with a certain amount of confidence that it will be OK.;)

11. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Just to provide a status update, no issues have been found during ad-hoc testing between ESET NOD32 and Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0. If any specific issues are found, we will provide information along with any workarounds, if available.

The installation instructions for Internet Explorer 7.0 request that users disable any anti-virus software before continuing, and while I haven't noticed any problems with NOD32 being active while installing hot fixes, this is what Microsoft recommends, so it might be a good idea to follow those instructions, even if they do not apply to NOD32. The important thing to remember is to re-enable NOD32 after the new version of Internet Explorer has finished installing.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

12. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Thanks for letting us know :D :thumb:

13. uc-icq

uc-icq Registered Member

I installed IE7 final with NOD32 on with no problems

14. Kielty

Kielty Registered Member

I am currently running NOD 32 v2.7 Beta and IE7 no issues at all..

15. uc-icq

uc-icq Registered Member

No problems for me. I had IE7 final installed with NOD32 on.
    NOD32 has no registry monitor that intercepts registry changes which IE7 requires to write into system registry

16. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Goody! Same here.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.