Is SOCKET SHIELD getting better?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Perman, Oct 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: The last discussion on this forum re this app was back in last July. I did try its beta, was not very impressed.Lately I notice it has updated a bit frequently, and has since been out of beta. Is it worth trying it again and perhaps buying a license? It is a socket level protection app, how is compared to other HIPS (driver level or kernel level)? Your opinion is appreciated.

2. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Were you a beta tester or just tried it because beta testers got a free 1-year license as some have reported here as well. SocketShield runs transparent in my security setup and well it will only work when you go to malicious websites. Its an extra layer of web defense if you can afford it. I think it runs driver level not kernel level.

dja2k

Last edited: Oct 9, 2006
  3. Chris12923

Chris12923 Registered Member

I'm not sure how good it was back then but I use it regularly now that I have tried it. As dja2k stated it an extra layer of defense.

Thanks,

Chris

4. mmiranda

mmiranda Registered Member

I'm not sure if it's getting better, but I know it really works. I've just been using it for ~ 2 months and it has detected and blocked 12 exploits and 597 malicious websites (most of which were IE VML Overflow and WebAttacker).

I just hope they continue the development of this product and it doesn't get absorbed by another company.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.