True Image Home 10 Release imminent ?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mad64, Oct 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mad64

mad64 Registered Member

The german Acronis Home Page for True Image Home publishes the following link for downloading the user manual "Benutzerhandbuch":
    http://download.acronis.com/pdf/TrueImage10_ug.de.pdf
    interestingly specifying 0.0MB. However, it's downloadable and indeed seems to be the user manual for a version not yet released with some new features.
    (also see attached screenshot)

Is there any official information reagrding this new version?

thx
    MD

Attached Files:

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Amend the "de" in the URL to "en" i.e. http://download.acronis.com/pdf/TrueImage10_ug.en.pdf and you'll be able to download the English version (Thanks Christopher_NC for the tip!) :cool:.

Hopefully Acronis will sort out the well known bugs in True Image 9.x via updated builds rather than expecting us poor chickens to "upgrade" (?) to this new version :doubt:.

Regards

3. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

I am pleased to see what looks like the long overdue "archive management" finally appearing on the horizon.

F.

4. shieber

shieber Registered Member

You can expect upgrades from any software maker to come out more or less like clockwork; Upgrades are a critical business elements in a software company's revenue stream. Sometimes upgrades are barely more than updates and other times, they are genuine steps forward either in performance quality or feature sets. The most recent big upgrade with ATI was to the new engine in version 9 with some important enhancements and that upgrade was free.

I was expecting a version 10 to be coming along and in the not too distant future. I also expect a version 11 roughly a year after that and version 12. . .

5. foghorne

Hi shieber

thanks for the business lesson ;-)

F.

6. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

So no more support for Windows 9* or ME ? Vista support not even a twinkle in the eye.

Must be a freebie like Home 9. If not it can stay on the shelves.

Xpilot

7. Christopher_NC

Christopher_NC Registered Member

Thanks, Mad64, for the excellent tip...before figuring out the link to the English version, I had some fun reading free translations made online from German to English. Here's one that sounds vaguely familiar: "
    Hopefully we won't see this popup as an error message while burning what the poor translation called "Boat discs." o_O

Some of the new features sound great...it looks like Acronis is trying to create a robust program that will outpace Vista's included Imaging and file backup options.

Since, as Xpilot points out, TI 10 is dropping support for Win9x, does Acronis have a track record of continuing to support and update its older versions?

Like Menorcaman, I hope that the bugs we've all reported will be resolved, and that Acronis provides a detailed change log, so that we'll know when issues have been addressed. I'd rather concentrate on learning to use program level backups than testing to see if known flaws are still present.

Does anyone have a clue, or a prediction, on when we will get to board this new boat for a test cruise?

Regards

http://download.acronis.com/pdf/TrueImage10_ug.en.pdf

Last edited: Oct 2, 2006
  8. JOE1

JOE1 Registered Member

Acronis,

It's been since July 1, and us users of your English TI9 Home program have yet to have another update to it, with many bugs still in the latest build. Are those bugs going to be fixed (especially the direct to DVD burning, which is why I upgraded from TI8?) in an update or are we going to have to upgrade to TI 10? If you are coming out with an update, do you have an approx. time when it will finally be ready? I saw that the German update was absolutely horrible. I sincerely hope (like other users in this thread) that you are at least going to fix the known bugs and release one last update for TI9 Home before concentrating anymore on TI 10.

Thank you in advance for your reply,

JOE1

9. Allen L.

Allen L. Registered Member

HERE, HERE!!

10. shieber

I was responding specifically to Menorcam's comment about fixing bugs in 9 before doing an upgrade.

His seemed a hope against hope.

11. shieber

It appears that release 10 will not have an option for validations in scheduled backups to occur before or after post-commands. :-(

12. 660207

660207 Registered Member

I wonder if ATI 10 still doesn't work with optical mouses if one boot from the rescue CD. Haven't seen such a problem by any other image-software for years.
    Seems to me a little bit funny that ATI haven't fixed this problem until now.

13. Thibor

Thibor Registered Member

14. 660207

660207 Registered Member

Yes, got this mail, too. My point is: I don't want to waste my money like I did with ATI 9. Time will tell if I give ATI a second chance. I'll wait and see what people tell about the new Version. But if I read the changes from 9 to 10, who needs this version? It's unnecessary.

15. foghorne

It depends. Apart from the SZ, there is no archive management in V9.0. I understand this is in V10.

F.

16. tlu

tlu Guest

ATI 10 Home obviously available

FYI: I just received an offer by my German vendor to upgrade to version 10 of ATI Home at a price of 29.95 Euros. Strange enough, the Acronis homepage only shows version 9.

17. shieber

Re: ATI 10 Home obviously available

All you need is to be able to read Deutsch?

More than likely, 10 is in the works and probably near release in the US. 11 is in development, and 12 is in the conceptual stage.

I don't see any additional updates to ATI 10 home ;-)

18. Christopher_NC

Re: ATI 10 Home obviously available

You might join the thread on TI 10 here: True Image Home 10 Release imminent ?

With links to the TI 10 User Manual, and at least one user who has downloaded the program in German.

Is there a way to merge this thread with the other?

19. como

como Registered Member

It appears that we now know the reason for there not being a new build since 1st July, I doubt if Acronis will release a new build of 9 Home since they will expect us to upgrade to the new version and be the beta testers again.

20. bobdat

bobdat Registered Member

Well said.

This is another example of Acronis' refusing to do the honorable thing and provide at least ONE fully functional program (whether TI 7, 8 or 9) that does EVERYTHING that it is advertised to do.

Typically, they rush a paid "upgrade" to market; abandon all support for the previous dysfunctional version; and "suggest" that you upgrade as a solution for the previous version being dysfunctional.

THEN, you find yourself going through the same frustrating and endless loop again, only poorer as a result.

I learned my lesson when they abandoned me in version 8. I'll be buying my next "upgrade" as soon as they finish delivering on all the promises they made for version 8. :mad:

21. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

I have merged the two threads together; although some posts were made in each so for 4-5 posts or so this thread may not seem totally linear. The post titles will tell you which posts are from the thread that has been merged into here - "ATI 10 Home obviously available."

22. Christopher_NC

Thanks for getting us all together. Makes sense to discuss this important topic in one thread. We'd all do well to search a bit before starting new threads, myself included.

Here's the link to the English TI 10 User Guide:

http://download.acronis.com/pdf/TrueImage10_ug.en.pdf

I noticed today that Acronis is looking for Beta testers, if anyone wants to take this program out for a test drive. Please treat it roughly, if you do, and find and report all the flaws, so we can have an easy go of it once it gets released for public consumption. :rolleyes:

23. shieber

I've used optical mice for years an never had any prob with ATI re mice, neither backing up, restoring images nor cloning.

Particular probs for a particlular mouse probably have more to do with a USB connection then with themouse being wireless.

sh

24. bobdat

bobdat Registered Member

Looking through the new features doesn't excite me at all. I'd be excited if Acronis said that all the known bugs in v8 and v9 were fixed. That might be reason enough to upgrade.

It looks more and more like TrueImage is moving toward being just another feature-bloated ho-hum file backup program that just happens to make disk images. Like it lost its roots.
    o_O o_O

25. shieber

If they do a good job of handling dates in the arichive management, I think that will be a real plus and for me, reason enough to upgrade.

As for the probs related to drivers -- new drivers will come along regardless of whether an upgrade or update.

As for actual bugs, mistakes in how the program is written, I don't think you're going to see any updates to version 9, nor 8 nor 7, etc. I predict that Version 9's time has come and is virtually gone.

sh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.