Post Commands Run Before Validation?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ePlanetDesign, Sep 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ePlanetDesign

ePlanetDesign Registered Member

I always use the "Validation" option when running backups. I also have a "Post" command that copies the new backups to a seperate removable harddrive via SyncBackSE. That way I get two copies of the backup: one to a mirrored RAID and one to a removable drive. Backup the backup, that's what I say, :D.

The problem is that Post commands seem to run before ATI runs the archive validation. Am I missing something? It seems logical that it would validate the archive and then run any "Post" commands.

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

James

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

No you're not. For example if you use a batch file to rename archives -- say to add dates to the filenames -- then the validate won't work because it can't find the filename that TI originally used to make the tib file.

I belive they are considering, for a future release, allowing post commands to run after validation. I think that would be a good thing although I don't know how many people want it and if the market justifies the coding costs. I hope so.

Otoh, you could run ATI from Windows Task Scheduler by having TS run a batch file that first calls a TI scheduled taks with validation and then running, fromt he batch file, for example, rename commands after ATI has finished running. But it would be more elegant to just click a box in ATI when creating a schedule dtask that says run post command after validation.

good luck,
    sh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.