Entering scan settings

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Kansascaipira, Sep 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kansascaipira

Kansascaipira Registered Member

Re: NOD32 unable to scan system files?

Hi. I came across this thread because I'm having the same problem. I checked out Blackspear's thread and he says
    "Your scan settings will start with:
    C:\ (single space) /switches go here - see screenshot
    Or
    Copy and Paste the following directly into your settings:
    C:\ /adware /ah /all /arch+ /clean /cleanmode /delete /heur+ /log+ /mailbox+ /ntfs+
    /pack+ /quarantine /scanboot+ /scanmbr+ /scanmem+ /scroll+ /sfx+ /unsafe /wrap+"

This is great, but how do I do that? Is there a settings document I can open in notepad to do this? If so, where can I find it? Thanks.

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi Kansascaipira, welcome to Wilders.

First of all you need to start with making a "Scheduled scan" that starts with post number 70 of the Tutorial.

Then the following will need to happen at post number 76:

1. In the field called "File", you will need to browse and navigate to C Drive> Program Files> Eset and click on either “nod32.exe” or “nod32”

2. Then copy and paste the following line into the field called "command line" where switches are placed, as per the screenshot in post number 77 of the Tutorial:

C:\ /adware /ah /all /arch+ /clean /cleanmode /delete /heur+ /log+ /mailbox+ /ntfs+ /pack+ /quarantine /scanboot+ /scanmbr+ /scanmem+ /scroll+ /sfx+ /unsafe /wrap+

Cheers :D

3. guilijan

guilijan Registered Member

Hi Blackspear

I have the same question about scaning File locked.
    As I think Nod don't scan it. It's OK?
    I've done what you said up and stop after five minutes because I can read in the log the same as if I'm doing a manually full scan, not scheduled.
    I've copy/pasted in the command line:

/local /adware /ah /all /arch+ /clean /cleanmode /delete /heur+ /log+ /mailbox+ /ntfs+ /pack+ /quarantine /scanboot+ /scanmbr+ /scanmem+ /scroll+ /sfx+ /unsafe /wrap+

I've the hd partitioned in c/d/e/f

Most probably I'm doing something wrong.
    Thank you in advance.

4. Blackspear

It’s perfectly fine, nothing to worry about, see HERE

No need to stop the scan, simply read the log when it has completed.

Within a “Scheduled scan” for multiple drives that command line is perfect, nothing wrong there.

My pleasure.

5. Kansascaipira

Kansascaipira Registered Member

Thanks Blackspear. I had gotten the impression when you said you can paste those directly in to the settings, that that was something separate from the command line. I set it up as a scheduled task, so I'll see if it scans those system files when the time rolls around. Meanwhile I'll watch for your answer to Guilijan's question. It wasn't even scanning pagefile, and several Skype related files were showing as (file locked). Cheers.

6. Blackspear

My pleasure.

Same answer applies; it’s perfectly fine, nothing to worry about, see HERE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.