Command Line Scanning

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by covaro, Sep 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. covaro

covaro Registered Member

Does v4.0 of Ewido support a CLI for running scans? I read about the ewidoscan thing that seems to have been for v3.5 or something (and the link no longer works). Any help here would be appreciated.

-Cov

2. peter.ewido

peter.ewido former ewido team

3. covaro

covaro Registered Member

@peter.ewido

Awesome! Many thanks, might want to think about making it a sticky at the top of the forum. I scoured for a while and all I could find was the old version.

-Cov

4. overClocked!

overClocked! Registered Member

Is this command line scanner utility still available for the AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5 version as well? I was rather fond of the ewidoscan.exe.

Can anyone confirm?

5. RealNC

RealNC Registered Member

Download http://download.ewido.net/ewidoscan.zip and copy "ewidoscan.exe" into your AVG Anti-Spyware installation directory (default should be "C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5").

Do NOT copy anything else, copy ONLY that one file. That way, the command line scanner will use the signature files and engine of AVG. That means that whenever you update AVG, ewidoscan.exe will use the same updates. :)

Works like a charm here. :)

6. antialex

antialex Registered Member

I did what was suggested. Then at the command prompt, I used 'ewidoscan /? > cmdLine.txt' and grabbed the commands. So then I set up what I thought was a completely automatic scan like this:

ewidoscan /clean /backup /memory /registry d:

But I was prompted for how to handle a file it found. The y/n thing. So of course it just hung there until I made a choice. I thought by using the /clean switch, this would have defaulted to yes and let the scan run without user input. Did I do something wrong, or is it just not possible to completely automate this task?

Also it seemed to want to scan my usb drive plugged in as drive f: and I'm not sure why that is, since I believe I have the command set up correctly. Or do I?

-Thanks for your help.

*I just noticed that the prompt involved a zipped file. So the message said something like ‘Ewido found an infected file embedded within an archive. Remove whole archive?’ So is that the problem? Archived infected files will always cause a prompt?

Thanks again for your input on this.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2007
  7. hankn

hankn Registered Member

I assume you unzip the file but are all those .dat files needed as well?

8. hankn

hankn Registered Member

You need more than ewidoscan.exe. For sure engine.dll and probably everything else like heuristic.dat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.