Universal Restore: Reboots before restore begins!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mgross, Sep 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mgross

mgross Registered Member

Hi!

We just bought Acronis True Image Enterprise Server 9.1 with Universal Restore and doing some tests right now.

Unfortunately I experience some problems with Universal Restore: I created an image of a 72GB Raid 1 Array of a HP ProLiant DL360G3 server. This image contains three partitions (one primary partition and two logical partitions). The OS of the imaged Server is Windows Server 2003 SP1.

Restoring the image *without* Universal Restore to a HP ProLiand DL360G*2* works just fine, except the fact that you need to boot in safe mode first to reinstall the drivers.

But *with* Universal Restore, it's not even possible to start the restore at all! Right after clicking the button to delete the already existing partitions on the target drive, Acronis True Image Enterprise with Universal Restore reboots the system. That's everything what happens -- no chance to get the restore working with Universal Restore.

The same happens when trying to restore the servers image to a virtual machine (VMWare Workstation 5). Without Universal Restore it works, with Universal restore the reboot takes place like described above.

The used Restore-CD seems to be fine, cause I already tested Universal Restore successfully with Windows XP.

Any ideas what could cause these reboots?

Best regards,
    Michael

2. mgross

mgross Registered Member

3. jeremyotten

jeremyotten Registered Member

Why do you have to enter a license server?

This was only with the beta build....

what build are you using....

4. mgross

mgross Registered Member

Hi,

the build-numer is 3.694. I created the Rescue-CD from this version. Are you sure that the option to enter a license server was dedicated to the beta version?

In some circumstances this would be quite reasonable, i.e. if the License Server resides on another broadcast domain (so that the autmatic network discovery won't work).

Regards,
    Michael

5. jeremyotten

build 3694.. huh

ok wait

you have the german build right.... when you downloaded the 3694 and installed it.... did you have the license server option in the main install screen? Because with the UK version there aint any...

6. mgross

mgross Registered Member

Yes, we have the german build. Seems to be older than the englisch one. I just checked acronis.com and saw that they already have build 3718.

I sent a mail to support@acronis.de and asked if it's possible to get the english version. Maybe this will help us already.

And yes, IIRC, I needed to install the Acronis License Server first. That's the way it's described in the manual as well.

Let's hope I'll get the englisch version :/

7. jeremyotten

very very strange because in the English version there is NO license server NEEDED!

8. mgross

mgross Registered Member

Maybe they don't trust the Germans ;-)

9. Heiko_

Heiko_ Registered Member

Hello,

I have the same problem here with the universal restore!!

It is not working!!!

also german Enterprise Server Build 3694 and the same universal build 3694!!

With the boot CD, the server is booting after step 1 ?? and if you try it under windows, after Step 1 (Step 1 means restoring Image, 50 %) , Acronis is stoping a few seconds and you can see a time like 1 Minute 20 Sec left! and suddenly aktive screen dissapears and in TI you can see still 50% and nothing is happening?

I would say that this universal Restore in German build 3694 is not working!!

I want an answer please from Acronis support please what to do!

Maybe to change to the English version, which is more recent!!

If you look in the acronis.com you can see there a build number 3711 (I think)

Please acronis support, can I have the English new build ??

Thanks

10. Cicek

Cicek Registered Member

Hello!

We have the same problem with Acronis Universal Restore. We use also German version of TrueImage Enterprise Edition 9.1, Build 3.694.

The machine reboots again and again, if we choose Universal Restore. It works well without Universal Resore.

Have you found any solution for this problem?

Best Regards
    Cicek

11. jeremyotten

p.s to update you guys

it's in the build not the language the problem is with build 3694 of English AND German but not with 3718 builds....

;-)

12. ebariaux

ebariaux Registered Member

I have build 3718 (English version, even if this does not matter here) and I'm experiencing the same issue.

When I run from a recover CD, I have the machine reboot when just after I select the partition to restore to.
    When I run from Windows, ATI exits and gives me some error message.

I don't have time right now to try to reproduce this and note the exact error message but build 3718 does not work for me.

Eric

13. mgross

mgross Registered Member

Hey folks,

just performed the exchange from the german build 3694 to the english build 3718. Even in these versions the problem still persists...:(

Does anyone have an idea?

Best regards,
    Michael

Last edited: Sep 14, 2006
  14. jeremyotten

Make a Barpe bootcd with the TrueImage plugin from Mustang which support Universal Restore ;-)

ENJOY!@!

15. Heiko_

Heiko_ Registered Member

HI,

I will test this with bart!

I want an answer from arconis support!

I am getting a little bit angry! I also hasn´t heard anything from the technical support!??

First you payed 220 Euro and then it is not working and nobody will help you ??

and wiht the build version!! I can only download the German one! and this is build 3694, no 3711 and I think right now 3718 in English!! DUDE why don´t exist the german one with the same new build!!

next time I will buy an English version! or better no acronis produkt!:cautious: :mad: :thumbd: :thumbd:

16. mgross

mgross Registered Member

Heiko,

relax. There will be no problem if you want to exchange your german version against the english one. You just need to fill out a form to declare that you'll destroy the german version. After that, Acronis is going to send you the english license keys.

The form can be claimed via sales@acronis.de

But -- I'd like to get an answer from Acronis as well. It's very frustrating that Universal Restore doesn't work like promised.

Michael

17. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello everyone,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

Please be aware that this issue is known and will be fixed in the future builds of Acronis True Image and Acronis Universal Restore. At present time, we recommend that you submit a request for technical support containing a brief description of the issue along with the link to this thread. One of our support engineers will provide you with the download link for the ISO image of the Bootable Rescue CD which has the fix for this issue. Please accept our sincere apologies for the current inconvenience.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.