Please Help: "E00070003:Failed to Read data fro disk."

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Nailzaz, Aug 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nailzaz

Nailzaz Registered Member

I got a hard drive, external case and Arconis True Image.

When I backup manually, I do not get errors, but the scheduled backup gives me this:

"E00070003: Failed to Read data fro disk.
    A possible reason might be bad sectors on the disk."

http://www.goodgeeks.com/images/arcronis_error_E00070003_09.jpg

a. I have run scan disk on both the source (c) and the external backup drive. Neither showed any bad sectors or problems.

b. I am using a Firewire connection. I have two firewire ports and I have tried them both.

I tend to think that my Firewire port(s) are going to "sleep" or something as my autmated backups are at night.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? I put in a trouble ticket, but have not heard back.

Thank you for any help.

Paul
    Chandler, AZ

P.S. I believe I have attached a screen shot and the log file.

Attached Files:

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Paul,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

First of all, please check both source and destination hard drives by Windows utility with '/r' key: go to Start -> Run and enter the command "chkdsk c: /r" "chkdsk d: /r" for every partition of your hard drives. Note that you will need to reboot your computer in order to scan the system partition.

Please also download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with disabled logging and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists after checking the hard drive and updating the drivers then enable logging by running the Acronis drivers installation package (see above) once again, reproduce the problem and collect the c:\snapapi.log file.

Please also provide us with the following information:

- Create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- Reproduce the problem once more (after checking the hard drives and updating the drivers) and collect Acronis True Image log which can be saved from Tools -> Show Log -> Diskette icon.

Then please submit a request for technical support. Provide the files and information collected in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.