Files and folders backup corrupt?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by accenture, Aug 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. accenture

accenture Registered Member

Hi,

I'm using TrueImage 9.0 3.694 Home German.

I had no problems using TI to backup partitions and check the archives, no matter if I stored the backup on the internal HDD or on the external one.

However, doing Files&Folders backup led to corrupt backups at all times, no matter if using the internal HDD or the same external HDD as before as target. The code is 0x4000D. Even using an USB Stick didn't help. Funny enough, the Files&Folders backup I'm doing takes only a bit under 200 MB but seems enough to confuse TI in comparison with a Partition backup.

I have no idea whether the backup file is really corrupt or not. How to trust TI anymore!?!?

Any idea, what to do?

George

2. accenture

I'm new here. Did I post the previous question in the wrong forum?

3. Eagle888

Eagle888 Registered Member

I have dowmloaded the latest 9.1 trial product, build 3718, and am getting the exact same results. A full archive to disk works, a small files/folders archive to a windows filesystem always fails validation. Backing up to a secure zone works.

My memory, system is absolutly perfect. I've run memtest86 checks for entire weekends with zero errors. I can copy 50-100 gigabyte files in windows, checking their MD5 sums, and never, ever get an errors. Windows backup will work/verify flawlessly.

This has got to be a product flaw/bug. I noticed some here say the 'problem' started at some built in version 9.

o_O?!!!!!!!!!:'( :mad: o_O

4. accenture

The problem was solved.

I am not sure what exactly was the reason. Just after I bought the TI box, I downloaded the updated version from the net and installed it. Although the link was named 3.694, the version that referred to at that time was 3.719 or so. I installed it for a while, before removing it and reinstalling the now correctly linked 3.694.

Files and Folders (Dateien und Ordner) didn't work. It was probably either because some rests of the 3.719 version still remained hidden somewhere or because the shortly after downloaded 3.694 did have its own problems.

What I can say is that I downloaded the 3.694 on Sep 8th, removed the any software that had to do with Acronis, including references from the registry and finally installed the newly downloaded 3.694.

Files and Folders works now perfectly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.