Abtrusion Protector (free)

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by Hyperion, Sep 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hyperion

Hyperion Registered Member

Hi i m new here and i d like your opinion about this programme.Personally i found it very "secure" ,since it blocked all leak tests that could pass my firewall.However ,i think it's a bit too much frustrating and sometimes i can't install the software at all.Sometimes i give permission to a install package but Abtrusion blocks it anyway during the installation.I think in 2 cases it blocked a .tmp file and i found no way to bypass this obstacle.One example i remember is the latest Final Fantasy benchmark.

Is anyone else finding these problems?And what's your opinion about it?Am i too maniac using it and it's exagerating?

Thank you

2. Hyperion

Hyperion Registered Member

Never mind.I unistalled it and put SSM instead.One year ago i had used SSM but i couldn't understand a thing.Now i love it.Either my knowledge grew much in a year,or they changed interface.In any case,no more Abtrusion Protector :)

3. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I installed it and I think its great. I haven't had any problem installing new software using it. It really does work.

4. controler

controler Guest

Re:Abtrusion Protector (NOT free?)

Abtrusion Protector™ is available for download from our download area <../Downloads>. It is free for a 60-day evaluation period. After that period, a valid license is required. Prices are available here <../pricing.asp>.
    I see the personal home package is free for personal use.

When Abtrusion Protector™ is first installed it will scan your hard disks and record every executable file that it finds. Whenever you install new software to the computer, you will have to tell Abtrusion Protector™ to record the new files.
    Abtrusion Protector™ can also be set-up to automatically record and allow files installed by digitally signed installers from trusted software vendors.
    Abtrusion Protector™ is able to read most major installation file formats. It can also monitor installation applications to record every new file that they add to the computer hard disks.

5. JacK

JacK Registered Member

Hello,

Be carefull with this app works fine but :

The free v has diferent setting than the pro v, you have to configure it in the same way by yourself.

When scanning at installation, all what is already on your PC, exe, com, dll, etc is considered as trustfull.

That means if you have a trojan, a leaktest, or any malware (even not installed) anywhere on your HDDs, it will be allowed to transfer data without any warning.

Otherwise does a pretty good job but I prefer SSM which does not allow any program by default.

I discussed about this soft a few months ago on this board.

Rgds,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.