16 Security Scanners Unplugged

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by InfinityAz, Aug 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InfinityAz

InfinityAz Registered Member

2. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Good read. Thanks!

3. Devil's Advocate

Devil's Advocate Registered Member

Probably just me, but there seems to be (at least) one glaring technical error in that piece

4. Ngwana

Ngwana Registered Member

Not just that, the blog style articles on the techsupport site seem to expose the weakness of security products with very little help on how to address them. This raises the question as to who is the intended target for the ALERTS. :oops:

5. A1SteakSauce

A1SteakSauce Registered Member

Happened to me once. Started up Ad-Aware, it immediately detected some rogue antivirus/spyware. When it was detected 5 secs later Computer restarted itself... I was confused. So I tried again, same thing. Then I got wise and ran Ad-Aware and right when it detected that threat (I memorized what number threat it was), I immediately selected end scan and deleted the files and the computer shut down... Rebooted ran a full scan, whole thing went very, very, smooth (very much to my surprise).:) of course that was before I discovered this bundle of joy of a website... :D

6. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Tests seem interesting but it is a rather foolish way to put signature based appliances against tests that seem more suitable for HIPS.

7. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

And of course BoClean was not in the line up as usual. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.