Multiple Account Settings.

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Ohdarn, Aug 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ohdarn

Ohdarn Registered Member

Hello:

I recommend and require people that I help with there computers to install this program. However today I have come up with a question I have never had to deal with before.

If a computer has more than one account do I need to do all of the same things for every account? Such as do I need to run protection, take system snapshots and backup the hosts file for each account or just one? What if one of the accounts is a limited account?

It appears to me for the protection at at least it needs to be on each account.

Thanks
    Vince

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Re: Multipal Account Settings.

Hello Vince,

The IE ActiveX protection entries are written to the HKey_Local_Machine portion of the registry which would require a user to have Administrative rights. However....once it is written to that section of the registry by an Admin all users would be able to benefit from that protection.

The IE Cookie and Restricted Site protection entries are written to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER portion of the registry which means it does not require Admin rights. Each user that wished to have that protection would have to sign in to their respective accounts and enable that protection.

There is only one Hosts file so when's it's backed up that's it.

Bubba

3. Ohdarn

Ohdarn Registered Member

Hi Bubba;

Thank You for that answer it tells me everything I need to know.

Vince

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.