TI 9.0/3.677 Hangs at 0%

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ackroid, Aug 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ackroid

ackroid Registered Member

I am running Acronis TI 9.0 Home (Build 3.677) under Windows XP with SP2 and all current updates. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it twice (cleaning the Windows registry of all "Acronis" entries each time after uninstalling it) and also have updated the TI drivers with SnapAPI as recommended to someone in another topic on this forum.

When I try to make a backup of a partition on one physical, internal hard drive to a partition on another physical, internal hard drive, TI allows me to complete the wizard but then hangs at 0%. At that point I can only shut down my computer by using the power button.

I am able to do the backup fine using the Rescue CD I created with TI, and I can mount and dismount an image I created using the Rescue CD. But I cannot make an image of the same source partition to the same destination partition while in Windows.

I have two Western Digital external USB 2.0 hard drives, which are visible to TI both in the Rescue CD and under Windows -- but I am not including the USB drives in my backup tasks, so I don't think they are the problem.

I do have Norton Ghost 10 installed on the machine and don't want to uninstall it until I can get TI to work under Windows. I also have Nero installed on my machine, but I do not have Nero's packet writing module InCD installed.

I use ZoneAlarm Pro as a firewall, eTrust antivirus and Webroot's SpySweeper for anti-spyware. I have tried disabling all of them while making the backup with TI, but that did not help. I cannot disable Ghost.

I have submitted a support ticket to Acronis on this problem with TI hanging at 0% when creating a backup withing Windows, but I am hoping some kind soul here can help me sooner. I'd really like to get rid of Ghost, but I can't do that until I can get TI to work on my machine.

Thanks.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ackroid,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please make sure that the Acronis Scheduler 2 Service is started and both schedhlp.exe and schedul2.exe processes are running (use Windows Task Manager).

Please note that you can run the schedhlp.exe and schedul2.exe (\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2) manually in Windows Task Manager (File->New Task) or do the following:

- Download schedmgr.exe application;

- Start the Command Prompt from Start -> Programs -> Accessories menu;

- Run the following command in the folder you saved the file to: schedmgr.exe service start

If the issue persists, please make a screen shot of the Device Tree application:

- Download and unpack the Device Tree application;

- Run the application;

- Completely unfold the \Driver\Disk and \Driver\FtDisk branches;

- Move the margin to the left in order to see all the items;

- Make a screen shot;

Also please run the Acronis drivers installation package once again with enable logging, reproduce the problem and collect the c:\snapapi.log file. Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Could you please let me know your Acronis request # which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? I will find out how the investigation of your issue is going.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.