NOD32 - Suspend

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by jgreg, Aug 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jgreg

jgreg Registered Member

I loaded the sample version of NOD32 last week and moved on to other issues after a reformat. As soon as I can get back on line with my LAN, I'll study the program. So far, I'm impressed with it's low profile. In fact... it's so low I can't find the instructions to suspend it so I can configure my LAN and load a few other programs. I suspect it's prevented something from loading properly. Can someone please tell me how to suspent this test version of NOD32 or do I have to uninstall and reinstall the whole thing?

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi jgreg, welcome to Wilders.

As your question is related to NOD32, I have shifted it here.

Cheers :D

3. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Hi jgreg,

Go ahead with anything that Blackspear may have suggested first.

In my experience it has so far never been necessary to disable NOD32 or even dull it's settings to complete setup of a PC, even for instance while installing something major like Windows XP Service Pack 2. This also means that you are protected from modified installers etc. during your setup process.

If you find that you have no other option but to suspend NOD32 in part or in full then I first would suggest trying with IMON unloaded since this would be the most likely thing that may have a network related conflict. To do this open the NOD32 Control Center, navigate in the left hand pane to Threat Protection Modules --> IMON and then click on the 'Quit' button in the right hand pane. The dialogue box can be dismissed after reading it and next reboot. You can confirm the IMON is completely unloaded after your reboot by cheching that it is coloured grey (not red)

If this still doesn't permit you to get your setup done, the process for disabling AMON is very similar except you will need to clear the checkbox in AMON marked 'File system monitor (AMON) enabled' and reboot.

Note that I advise extreme caution if anything you would wish to install should actually require this - in my experience it has never been necessary to do this to install anything legitimate on a workstation.

Be sure to re-enable anything you have temporarily shut down as soon as you're done and please post back to keep us informed as to your progress. HTH

Cheers :)

Last edited: Aug 8, 2006
  4. Blackspear

I concur, there has never been an instance where I have had to disable NOD32 to install any program.

5. jgreg

jgreg Registered Member

Thank youvery much. Your experience with installing programs while NOD32 is running gives me cause to try again with a little more confidence NOD32 isn't the culprit. I appreciate the instructions in the event I do need to proceed by disabling it.

6. Blackspear

As NOD32 user stated, I too would be VERY wary about disabling NOD32 to install a program, I have never had to do it on hundreds and hundreds of machines, and I'm not about to start.

7. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Same
    My peasure jgreg.

Blackspear has put together an excellent NOD32 tutorial here. I would suggest it would be well worth your time to take a look through it when you have the opportunity regardless of your current level of expertise.

Cheers :)

8. alglove

alglove Registered Member

I have personally experienced an AMON related problem when installing some Microsoft Office updates. See the following threads:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=141172
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=105625

This is definitely the exception rather than the rule. 99.9% of the time, I just leave AMON running during installation without any problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.