Backup CHECK

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by kingbling, Jul 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kingbling

kingbling Registered Member

Hi @ all,

first of all "thank you for acronis" :p

... and now my problem ;)

i use acronis true image server for winoof *puppy* and i want to make a "differtieles" (only know the german word) backup

my problem on that is i rename with the first action method the old backup

Code:
    RENAME \\xactw007\acronis\testserver2.tib TEMP~IMAGE.tib
    after that acronis makes an image

Code:
    testserver2.tib
    and now my prob is it possible to rollout the action "checking image"(testserver2.tib)... and after checking is okay

Code:
    DEL \\xactw007\acronis\TEMP~IMAGE.tib
    otherwise

Code:
    DEL \\xactw007\acronis\testserver2.tib
    RENAME \\xactw007\acronis\TEMP~IMAGE.tib testserver2.tib
    it would be great if someone can help me by this little prob :cool: :D

gr33tz

kingbling

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello kingbling,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

First of all, please be aware that the current version of Acronis True Image performs actions in the following order:

1. Pre-backup command;

2. Backup archive creation;

3. Post-backup command;

4. Backup archive validation.

We do not have plans to change the order of performing the operations mentioned above. However, we do have plans to implement an option allowing one to select whether to perform post-backup commands before or after the automatic backup archive validation (see this previous thread for details).

Please also note that at the moment there are no official methods of achieving your goal. The only way we can suggest you is to create a special batch file executing the corresponding Acronis True Image script located in \Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImage\Scripts folder and then schedule this batch file using Windows embedded scheduling service. To be more precise, this batch file should do the following:

1. Execute the corresponding Acronis True Image script (task) which renames the "old" backup, creates the new one and validates it;

2. Find the latest log located in \Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImage\Logs folder and check it's contents (text) in order to find out whether the backup archive validation was performed successfully or not;

3. Do the appropriate actions depending on results of the backup archive validation.

Please see the following threads for details (examples): Script to standby/shutdown after backup, How to create a shortcut of a True Image 9.0 Task, Creating One-click shortcuts?.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. horn

horn Registered Member

Created MyBackup file with "Normal" level of compression.
    At the end of Log file in C:\Documents and Settings\nameC:\Documents and Settings\momo\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImage\Logs receved message="Image creation has succeeded."/>
    </log>
    In Scripts folder for the same backup received:
    "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
    <backup comment="This is a temporary task created by Acronis True Image for completing the current operation." uuid="6BA3561B-B496-4099-9C7E-1A6B0709F631" version="1.0">
    <display name="Current operation" />
    <source strid="\local\hd_sign(00006D56)\part_sn(3C1E07E4)start(63)" />
    <target file="D:\Ghost XP\MyBackup(1).tib" />
    <options backup_acronis_svc="false" compression="normal" />
    </backup>
    Please revert if this Backup is valid , specialy because of this:

<options backup_acronis_svc="false"
    Thanks in advance.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello horn,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

Please be aware that, as I have already mentioned above, the results of the backup archive creation and validation processes are shown in the respective log entry and not in the corresponding script file. The screen shots showing the log of the successful backup archive creation and validation are attached below.

According to the "Image creation has succeeded" message shown at the end of your log, your backup has been created and validated successfully. The "false" parameter from the respective script file you mentioned above has no relation to the backup archive creation\validation results.

I would also like to remind that you can create and afterwards validate backup archive "in one action" by selecting the "Validate backup archive upon it's creation completion" option in the Backup Archive Creation Options (see section 5.3.9 of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home User's Guide for details).

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Attached Files:

5. horn

horn Registered Member

Hello Alexey,
    Thank you very much for valuable explanation. :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.