Statistical data sent?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by JRCATES, Jul 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JRCATES

JRCATES Registered Member

I've been trialing NOD32 for most of the past week, and today I opened the NOD32 2.5 Control Center, and checked Logs > Event Log and discovered this:

Time Module Event
    7/22/2006 14:19:04 PM Kernel Statistical information has been sent to Eset

o_O

I guess I'm just a little surprised to see this, since I didn't "submit" anything to Eset. Is this just something that happens randomly with ThreatSense.Net enabled? Or is it because this is the "free trial" version that it was submitted to Eset? Also, what type of information would have been submitted (all scans have reported 0 threats)?

Thanks

2. kjempen

kjempen Registered Member

Here is an example of statistical data that's being sent to ESET.
    Taken from this thread.

(Basically it is statistical data of malwares found or not found on your pc, and it happens both in trial and registered version that it sends this data.)

3. JRCATES

Thanks for the info, kjempen. It's just kinda funny....that according to the event log, for nearly a week, nothing was sent - and then yesterday, "statistical data" was sent TWICE (neither time I sent anything). At least I know what that was all about a little more clearly now....:thumb:

4. Benvan45

Benvan45 Registered Member

You can configure Nod32 not to send any statistical information. Open up: Control Center, go to Nod32 System Tools, Nod32 System Setup, hit the button Setup, go to ThreatSense.Net, advanced settings, statistics and remove checkmark from: enable submission....etc. By default everything is enabled!

5. JRCATES

Thanks for that info as well, Benvan45. It was sent twice yesterday, and twice more today....after 6 days of not sending any statistical data. Kinda odd....but at least I know how to disable sending this info if necessary. I'm guessing this doesn't disable the ThreatSense.Net Warning System, just the sending of (anonymous?) statistical data....is that correct?

6. Benvan45

Benvan45 Registered Member

That's correct!

The funny thing about statistical information being submitted......the sent data should be logged. Well, it's logged as a statement, that statistical information is sent but it sure as hell does not show the info being submitted and that's what bothers me and therefore I disabled it!

Last edited: Jul 23, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.