Build 3677

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Tabvla, Jul 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tabvla

Tabvla Registered Member

Does anyone have a list of changes from Build 3633 to Build 3677?

(I realise that Acronis Support should publish a list and that this has been the source of much discontent among users, but I still cannot find anything on the website that gives the specifics)

2. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

They have never given specifics and there are none to find on the website. The only specifics you find, unfortunately, are those that users here (for example, Menorcaman) discover in their own tests and share here with the other users. Sometimes, Acronis Support will give them out as specific answers to specific questions.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Tabvla,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image

Please note, that you can view the history of product updates for registered products on your account page on our web site.

Thank you.
    --
    Fedor Kurbatov

4. dld

dld Registered Member

5. Carver

Carver Registered Member

A change log is not the same as the History of updates.

6. Tabvla

Tabvla Registered Member

Thanks to Fedor Kurbatov of Acronis Support I went off with some excitement to login to my Account to obtain the information :)

What is *Better Hardware Support and *GUI fixes supposed to mean? o_O

Better Hardware Support for which hardware? - product? make? model? :blink:

GUI Fixes? There was something wrong with the GUI? I never noticed. :gack:

Why can't Acronis do something similar to Microsoft. When Microsoft put out an update a user can go to the MS website and read a KB article on exactly what the update is all about.

Surely it is in the common interests of Acronis and the customers to have detailed information easily available so that we all know what we are doing.

7. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

I absolutely and totally agree !!!

8. max0071

max0071 Registered Member

here here!!!!!

9. Acronis Support

Hello everyone,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

Please take a look this previous post of mine. It should answer your questions concerning the more detailed change log.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

10. Tabvla

Tabvla Registered Member

Hello Alexey,

Thank you for your reply and the link to your previous post. I appreciate that this is not your problem, so please feel free to forward this post to the appropriate person at Acronis.

You suggest ...
    This is simply not practical in the real world. We (the customers) do not want to burden Acronis Support with requests for detailed technical information relative to the latest build. Acronis Support should be concentrating on helping customers with difficult problems that the members of this Forum have not been able to resolve.

All that we (the customers) want to have available is a link on the Acronis website where we can download a PDF listing the changes, updates, bug fixes and hardware support in the build. This information must be available - otherwise how do the Acronis developers know what to fix :ouch:

It is not acceptable to state that
    How long can it take to draft an update list? A couple of hours?

This issue is not going to go away. Acronis should be embarrassed that customers have to repeatedly ask for things that are the "norm" with all other software development companies. It just isn't good enough.
    :mad:

11. Christopher_NC

Christopher_NC Registered Member

I heartily agree. Let's get this information out in the open. Since not every change you introduce will work on every system, we need to know the specifics, and how they will interact with our systems, before we make changes that may impact our ability to restore our data.

Before I trust my often irreplaceable data to a new build, that may turn out not to work with my configuration (SATA, external USB, etc.), I want to know what specific changes have been made before I upgrade.

I would like to see this same openness extended to all Acronis operations. What is about to happen, when I say, commit? For example, will my boot code be changed when I activate Recovery Manager? If so, in what ways? What specific drivers are included in the Acronis drivers? Etc.

Simply suggesting that we contact you individually to resolve common problems is not the way to create satisfied users. I don't want to write Acronis support for what should be readily available. Nor do I want to compromise my system now that I have it running fairly smoothly (and it took me quite awhile to get here.)

If we sound picky, we are. And well we should be. We are, after all, responsible for the integrity of our data. Since Acronis cannot do all the work, please realize that this is a partnership, and that we need this information so that we can do our part as informed users.

Our Data is too precious to tamper with, and the reason most of us are using Acronis products is to help us protect it. Not to open it to even more vulnerability. You have a great product. Please take these comments to heart, and make it even better.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2006
  12. Acronis Support

Hello Tabvla, Christopher_NC and everyone interested,

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

Please be aware that when I said that we "do have plans to implement the more detailed change log in the future" I meant that this proposition has already been forwarded to the respective person at Acronis and will certainly be considered. I'm sorry for not being clear enough with my explanation.

Could you please provide us with the examples of the modern software change logs that satisfy your requirements?

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

13. Tabvla

Tabvla Registered Member

Hello Alexey

Thank you for your reply and for escalating this matter.

The Microsoft format for Windows updates is a good format. The format follows this style:-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.